FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Question on rear brake disc removal?

My VIN:    VIN 5120

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Check, Check & Check!
    Yes, last year I replace the brake master cylinder and flushed the entire system out. Due to time I just did not get the rear calipers done. I have only put 600 miles on since then, so not a huge deal. I have no "pulling" or "pulsating" in the braking system. Just want to overhaul the rear calipers for my own piece of mind. I am going to take Dave T's advice and just leave the rear rotors in and scuff them up real good.
    Yes.......needless to say the PO had good intentions but much was neglected on poor VIN 5120. Albeit, 3 yrs later, countless labor hrs (all mine btw ) and many $$$ spent on parts, 5120 is now holding her head high and what I any would consider a trusted daily driver! It definitely has not been easy but it is so rewarding knowing that you have such a greater understanding of your car when you battle it out yourself (obviously to each person's comfort level).
    FYI, last year I did also replace both master and slave cylinders for the tranny and upgraded the plastic supply line with the new ss one. That SS line is definitely worth the upgrade IMO. Thanks again guys for chiming in!!
    Last edited by Jeffu; 07-24-2011 at 10:21 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2