FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New guy here!!

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by n29we View Post
    It's a gray interior with automatic. I collect John Deere farm tractors from the 20's and 30's and have about 14 cars from the teens through 60's but now have the 80's with the DeLorean!!
    When you get it home replace:
    Struts
    Tires
    Battery
    All fluids and filters
    Remove the fuel pump and clean the tank out. Flush out the brakes and fill and rebleed with Castrol DOT 4. Before having it moved get insurance on it.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    #1283

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Welcome to our world, Jim! The D community will take good care of you.

My VIN:    3469

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    When you get it home replace:
    Struts
    Tires
    Battery
    All fluids and filters
    Remove the fuel pump and clean the tank out. Flush out the brakes and fill and rebleed with Castrol DOT 4. Before having it moved get insurance on it.
    I think I've got most of that covered and the car isn't even here yet!! LOL Got all new struts, new tires are here, got a new battery and got the filters. The family I bought the car from said the gas was drained when parked, no fuel smell from the filler so maybe it was drained. Planning on the brakes too!! Thanks, I can't wait to bring it back to life!!!!

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by n29we View Post
    It's a gray interior with automatic. I collect John Deere farm tractors from the 20's and 30's and have about 14 cars from the teens through 60's but now have the 80's with the DeLorean!!
    "
    Sweet, I love vintage Johnny poppers. I have a 52 model B myself. My favorite "Parade tractor" is a Round spoke GP. on rubber of coarse. I digress this not a 2 cylinder forum. :-)
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    3305

My father owns a FERRARI tractor... but surely it is not named after that Ferrari, must be some kind of a poor cousin of his....

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by JohnZ View Post
    My father owns a FERRARI tractor... but surely it is not named after that Ferrari, must be some kind of a poor cousin of his....
    Actually that is how Ferrari started, building tractors. One day he wanted to buy a Porsche and thought he could do better so he started making cars.
    David Teitelbaum

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Actually that is how Ferrari started, building tractors. One day he wanted to buy a Porsche and thought he could do better so he started making cars.
    You sure you aren't referring to Lamborghini?
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    3060

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    You sure you aren't referring to Lamborghini?
    Actually, it is a little known fact that his full name was Lamborghini Ferrari. He kept that a secret so he could market his two car companies separately.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    Actually, it is a little known fact that his full name was Lamborghini Ferrari. He kept that a secret so he could market his two car companies separately.

Here are REAL facts:

Ferruccio Lamborghini
    , the man who would found Automobili Ferruccio Lamborghini S.p.A. in 1963, was the child of viticulturists living in Renazzo di Cento, Province of Ferrara, in the Northern Italy'sEmilia-Romagna region.[3][14][15] After serving as a mechanic in the Italian Royal Air Force during World War II, Lamborghini went into business building tractors based on surplus WWII military hardware.[16][17] By the mid-1950s, Lamborghini's tractor company, Lamborghini Trattori S.p.A.,[18] had become one of the largest agricultural equipment manufacturers in the country.[19] He was also the owner of a successful gas heater and air conditioning manufacturer.[16][19][20]

Lamborghini's wealth allowed him to cultivate a childhood interest in cars, owning a number of luxury automobiles, including Alfa Romeos, Lancias, Maseratis, and a Mercedes-Benz.[20] He purchased his first Ferrari, a 250GT, in 1958, and went on to own several more. Lamborghini was fond of the Ferraris, but considered them too noisy and rough to be proper road cars, likening them to repurposedtrack cars.[20] When Lamborghini discovered that the clutch on his Ferrari was broken, and was actually the same clutch that he used on his tractors, Lamborghini went to Ferrari and asked for a better replacement. Ferrari responded, saying that he was just a tractor maker, and could not know anything about sports cars.[20][21][22] Lamborghini decided to pursue an automobile manufacturing venture with the goal of bringing to life his vision of a perfect grand tourer.[19]

Enzo Ferrari never made tractors. Apparently he did use a Clutch in one of his cars that was also used in the Lamborgini tractor.

There is a Ferrari tractor company though but does not appear to have any ties to ENZO Ferrari. If it did they would mention it here

http://www.ferrariagri.it/index.php?id=26&L=1
    Last edited by DMC5180; 02-23-2014 at 12:12 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2