FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Plutonium canister

My VIN:    5610

Bruce Johnson, Great idea! Keep up the nice work. If you have problems cleaning up the electric motor noise, you might try pneumatic's. It will give you a smoother and quite movement. I look forward to seeing your end results.

My VIN:    1420

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Thanks for the compliments. Bruce, I'm afraid in my case here it's the Disney Imagineers meet The Little Rascals!

My VIN:    07000

Maybe you can reach out to these guys and see if you can buy one of their Christopher Lloyd life masks http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHRISTOPHER-...-/251280245004
    The one one ebay went for $48 bucks. You could take that, make a resin negative, pour in some latex and make a nice mask for your guy. As far as changing out the motors, you could replace them with small servos that have some padding around them to deaden the sound. There's some great arduino sketches too for sound activation, and random back and forth (for head turning and eyes) too.

That aint me guys. This was just one of those "Hey let's see if we can make one of those things into a Doc Brown" sort of project. Spent some great time with my son. That's what this was all about. He played, I played. We figured stuff out and he made more and more electronic improvements. I gathered materials and my wife did the makeup. When finished Doc will be compacted to a mini-me, buckled in the passenger seat of my D, hauled to car shows, plugged into the cigarette lighter and hopefully wow the crowds.

The countdown is on...just 13 more days to Doc's debut, the 50th anniversary of the Watsonville Fly-in and Car Show. I'm putting on the final touches but his hands are still empty save for a crude copy of his Flux Capacitor drawing. I'm still looking for a plutonium canister.....anyone?

Bruce

Even empty handed Doc was still a big hit with the Delorean and the Back To The Future fans yesterday at the Watsonville Air and Car Show. Was a good trial debut but still need to work out a few of the mechanical kinks and some of the creep factor.

DSCF0174 - Copy.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2