FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Unobtainium: Rare or Extinct DMC Parts & Components

My VIN:    2848

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    Alex,

I never said anything negative about carbs, just that I don't want one.

If you head over to DMCToday, you'll find Capt. Carb himself (bill roberston) who does provide carb kits!

EDIT - at least he used to.
    I know almost nothing about carb swaps. Is there anything besides the poorer fuel economy that make carbs a bad choice? Does it mess anything up in the car? Make something not work (like the tach)?
    -Alex
    We work jobs we hate, to buy shit we don't need, to impress people we don't even like.

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

It looks as though the center console change trays cannot be purchased either.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

My VIN:    3937

The transmission fluid change thread reminded me there is one of the misc seals for installing the shift computer connections that is NLA. You reuse the one you have (the seal that is).

There is someone out there that has steering column canopies now, right? Weren't those NLA for a while? The upper and lower plastic halves that is.

Were the rear interior panels mentioned already? Of the colour/armrest style combinations for both driver and passenger sides, I don't think replacements for all of those are available either.

The carpet piece that covers the base of the parking brake level... I think we're SOL on those as well.
    Battery straps?
    Last edited by Jonathan; 02-23-2014 at 05:44 PM.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Totally 80s View Post
    Why would a carb be bad? To me the carb is a superior option to the K-Jet. Much easier to service, much easier to fix, clean looking, cheaper to fix, easy access to spark plugs, distrubuter etc.

Only negative I know of a carb over K-Jet is a little poorer fuel economy.
    That and they have a tendency to turn you into an online douche once you have it installed.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    03572

There was someone selling an electronic WUR a few years back. Not sure if that is still available but the price of $500 did not create much interest with the D.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    There was someone selling an electronic WUR a few years back. Not sure if that is still available but the price of $500 did not create much interest with the D.
    I believe Wilmed played around with one but did not have much luck with it.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    2848

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    That and they have a tendency to turn you into an online douche once you have it installed.
    What does this mean? Are we talking about a member here? Or someone who is no longer a member and can't defend him or herself? Or are you saying I'm a douche?
    -Alex
    We work jobs we hate, to buy shit we don't need, to impress people we don't even like.

My VIN:    3299

Don't forget about the steering column black upper and lower covers that screw together. They cover the ignition switch if I recall correctly.
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

My VIN:    3997

Quote Originally Posted by Totally 80s View Post
    What does this mean? Are we talking about a member here? Or someone who is no longer a member and can't defend him or herself? Or are you saying I'm a douche?
    I believe he is referring to Bill Robertson. I actually really like Bill and don't find him to be a douche at all.
    Living The Dream Since 2005 - VIN#3997

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

OEM early grey castings and centre caps
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast