FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: removal and replacement of blower motor

removal and replacement of blower motor

Guys, I am sure there is a post someplace on this , however I can't find it. How do I remove the blower motor on the ac? I looked in all the manuals I own and did not find this. If you could tell me how to do this or where to find the information it would be a big help.
    Andy Blackmon 03513

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Hey Andy!

Just remove the cooling pipe and wiring harness. Should only 3 screws/bolts IIRC and it'll drop out.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    Hey Andy!

Just remove the cooling pipe and wiring harness. Should only 3 screws/bolts IIRC and it'll drop out.
    More like 5 or 6 screws. One screw holds the ground lugs.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    5180

It might be easier if you look at the exploded view in the parts catalog. It's rather self explanatory.

1. Remove wire connections ON the motor
    2. Uncouple the rubber vent hose elbow from the bottom of the housing.
    3. Remove the 5 screws around the blower fan motor that hold it in the housing. Use a hand mirror so you can see the ones around the front side of the motor. It will fall out if the gasket isn't stuck.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Blower motor

I looked at this and thought to myself " dang that looks easy". I have never done anything on a Delorean that was easy, this is why I doubled checked. Thanks guys.

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

Happy birthday Andy!
    Are you having a problem with the blower?

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

blower motor

To answer the question, yes I have a problem. My blower will not work on 4th speed. I have replaced the relay, upgraded the breaker and replaced the fan switch all that is left is the motor. For $25 or so I will replace the motor and see what happens next, this was not important until now but it does get hot in Al in the summer and I want all the fan speed I can have. The motor is not making noise but it is 33 years old and a replacement is not a bad thing to do.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Quote Originally Posted by andy blackmon View Post
    To answer the question, yes I have a problem. My blower will not work on 4th speed. I have replaced the relay, upgraded the breaker and replaced the fan switch all that is left is the motor. For $25 or so I will replace the motor and see what happens next, this was not important until now but it does get hot in Al in the summer and I want all the fan speed I can have. The motor is not making noise but it is 33 years old and a replacement is not a bad thing to do.
    If it works on speeds 1-3 and not for the problem is not the motor. Speed 3 and 4 share a common fuse and breaker, so it's likely the relay or a wiring issue in the relay/breaker area.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    If it works on speeds 1-3 and not for the problem is not the motor. Speed 3 and 4 share a common fuse and breaker, so it's likely the relay or a wiring issue in the relay/breaker area.
    Make sure you replaced the correct relay. You can swap the 3rd speed relay with the one for 4th speed. See if the relay clicks when you select 4th speed. If the blower motor works on all other speeds the motor is not bad. Stop throwing parts at the problem and get a voltmeter and see why you are not getting power to the motor on speed 4. You may also have a wiring problem at the mode switch (the wire for speed 4 is not connected).
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    17082

Club(s):   (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    When I got my car, the blower didn't work at all. Turns out the contacts in the speed switch were all dirty. Took the switch apart, cleaned it all up, works just fine now
    - Devon

83 Canadian Spec - Manual, Grey, Fixed Pulls, Flat Hood

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast