FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DMC Speedometer t-shirts - with your VIN?

My VIN:    3472 (former), 1141

Club(s):   (RMDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

DMC Speedometer t-shirts - with your VIN?

Hey guys and gals,

I have had t-shirts for sale on my CafePress site for a while now (http://www.cafepress.com/dmc12), and I have been noodling on the idea of offering these with a 'custom' option. As shown below, you can see the 140 MPH Speedo with my VIN (1141) and manufacture year (1981):
    Speedometer.jpg

If there is interest, I could customize the VIN (Odometer), and the year (Trip Odometer) as well as the vehicle speed by rotating the needle. I might be able to do a stock 85 MPH speedo, but that would take a bit longer as I have not created the base image yet.

Additionally, a friend of mine commented that I needed a speedo that had 88MPH highlighted, kind of like the 55 is highlighted on the stock speedo's, so I came up with this "BTTF" version. I could offer this one as well with custom VIN and year. I replaced the headlight and blinker indicators with a Flux Capacitor symbol as well as a nuclear symbol for the plutonium chamber:
    BTTF Speedo.jpg

Custom options would be a few bucks more than the one linked above. If you might be interested either respond to this thread or shoot me a PM.
    Michael Babb

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Would it be too obvious to combine the two images and have the needle on the bottom one point to 88 ??
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Would it be too obvious to combine the two images and have the needle on the bottom one point to 88 ??
    No - that is easy enough.
    Michael Babb

My VIN:    5482

What would the price of a custom speedo shirt be (VIN + year like in your first example)?
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by OverlandMan View Post
    What would the price of a custom speedo shirt be (VIN + year like in your first example)?
    Thanks Jeff - It would depend on the item. To keep things simple, I will set the price of each item to be $2.00 more than the standard speedo item from http://www.cafepress.com/dmc12/10085735. For anyone that is interested, I will create a link on the previous page to your VIN and have all of the same items available. so, for example, the Dark T-Shirt (and I think these look so much cooler on the dark items) is $22.99 (http://www.cafepress.com/dmc12.853053655). This would be $24.99 for a custom VIN, Data and Speed, plus whatever shipping you choose.

If you want, send me your info, and I will set up yours as a "beta" for anyone else that might be interested and post back with the link.

Thanks,

Michael
    Michael Babb

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    What do you think about the following, moved the 88 around a bit to better reflect 88 on the gauge, and redid the Flux Capacitor to make that show up a bit better:
    BTTF Speedo.jpg
    Michael Babb

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I like it,
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Babb View Post
    What do you think about the following, moved the 88 around a bit to better reflect 88 on the gauge, and redid the Flux Capacitor to make that show up a bit better:
    BTTF Speedo.jpg
    Hi Michael,

I like the look, but I would recommend going back to the yellow background for the radiation logo, since that look is more authentic in appearance.
    I work with nuclear medicine devices on a daily basis, so I am familiar with the authentic radiation logo.

Thanks,
    Rich W.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    Hi Michael,

I like the look, but I would recommend going back to the yellow background for the radiation logo, since that look is more authentic in appearance.
    I work with nuclear medicine devices on a daily basis, so I am familiar with the authentic radiation logo.

Thanks,
    Rich W.
    Thanks Rich! I liked the yellow better behind that as well. . . .had to re-do the image and got those switched by accident. Here is the latest:
    BTTF Speedo.jpg

I also did an 85 MPH version based on an older picture I had:
    85 MPH Speedometer.jpg

Again, could do a 170 as well if someone can provide a pretty good quality picture.
    Michael Babb

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

I like the look of this one color wise.

But, I'm a fan of the 95 MPH screen speedo. I've had people look at my dash and ask, "Isn't this supposed to show past 85?"

That's the one I'd buy if 88 mph was also highlighted.

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast