FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thermo Time Switch burnt up while connecting cooling fans

Quote Originally Posted by SBL View Post
    bump; anyone measured it?
    Source: http://support.delorean.com/kb/a60/c...rt-issues.aspx

Thermo Time Switch Diagnostics:
    Testing the TTS is a bit counterintuitive as it appears to have two connection pins but actually uses engine ground as a third connection. To test with an ohm meter, set the meter to a low (Rx1) range. Unplug the TTS and note that there are two pins on the connector. One of these pins is the connection to the heater, the other is the connection that grounds the Cold Start Valve when cold. The heater should measure about 50 ohms to ground, and the switch connection should measure a dead short (0 ohms) to ground when cold and open (infinite) to ground when hot. NEVER apply a test voltage to the TTS.

My VIN:    10XXX

Club(s):   (DCF)

Got it.

It has a cracked connector area, and came back from DMCFL pugged in backwards, so it all makes sense.

Steve
    Steve Liggett
    Treasure Island, FL
    1982 automatic, VIN 10XXX, grey int

Previous: VIN 5983, VIN 3670
    Who knows where my previous 1981 with 6 cylinder Chevy engine is these days (cannot find that VIN) ?

My VIN:    05257

Quote Originally Posted by SBL View Post
    Hate to bring up this old thread, but I cannot find the resistance readings for a property working TTS.

For purposes if identification I will call the 2 pins "top" and "bottom"

When cold, Top shows 0 ohms to ground, as expected, since I suspect this is the switch.
    Bottom shows 60 ohms to ground. Suspect this is the heater.

When hot, the top, resistance to ground goes up to only about 180 ohms. To me that seems to be not a high enough resistance to keep some current from flowing to the CSV. I was thinking it would go to wide open or several megohms.

Has anyone made these measurements on a working TTS?
    I have exactly same issue but my readings are 30 Ohm and zero when cold and 60 Ohm and 120Ohm when hot (above 95F). I am also afraid that 120Ohm is not enough and cold start valve is flooding the engine. This may have possibly led to the petrol finding its way in to the oil diluting it and reducing the engine lubrication.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2