18. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm in!!

2 11.11%
  • Fuck yourself, you troll.

6 33.33%
  • I think I killed a guy.

10 55.56%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: Talk/Today Anchor Man Style Street Fight!!

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    I just looked at the Open Discussion areas of both DMCTalk and DMCToday.

The first page of each has 20 threads displayed. Of those (before this post's bump), here's how things break down.

DMCToday:
    4 threads created to specifically talk about DMCTalk
    3 additional threads where DMCTalk is mentioned (always negatively) on the first page of the thread

DMCTalk:
    0 threads created to specifically talk about DMCToday
    2 additional threads where DMCToday is mentioned (neither one negatively) on the first page of the thread

For a forum that hates us so much, they seem to want to talk about us an awfully lot.
    Probably because Today is allowed to talk about Talk. Talk on the other hand does not have that freedom.

Not complaining, just explaining.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Banned

My VIN:    1798

The first page of each has 20 threads displayed. Of those (before this post's bump), here's how things break down.

DMCToday:
    3 additional threads where DMCTalk is mentioned (always negatively) on the first page of the thread

DMCTalk:
    0 threads created to specifically talk about DMCToday
    2 additional threads where DMCToday is mentioned (neither one negatively) on the first page of the thread

For a forum that hates us so much, they seem to want to talk about us an awfully lot.
    Ummm... wasn't this thread, the one that you're posting in, "created to specifically talk about DMCToday?"

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    Ummm... wasn't this thread, the one that you're posting in, "created to sppiecifically talk about DMCToday?"
    It was, but since this thread's incarnation, the mods have made it clear there is to be no more "us vs. them" type of threads. I humbly suggest if you want to talk about any problems with today.com, or politics, or religion, or gun control, you do it where it's tolerated.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    3060

Ummm... wasn't this thread, the one that you're posting in, "created to specifically talk about DMCToday?"
    That's why I said "before this post's bump"

Banned

DMCToday:

Umm... actually this just isn't true/accurate.

There's only 1 thread on the first page of the Open section on DMCToday that was "created to specifically talk about DMCTalk," that being the thread entitled 'They run a tight ship over on that other forum...'.

Where exactly you're getting the other 3 from that you're asserting here, I honestly don't have clue, but it obviously isn't premised in objective reality.

And these "3 additional threads where DMCTalk is mentioned (always negatively) on the first page of the thread," again, I have no idea what you're talking about, as Talk isn't always mentioned negatively where it appears on DMCToday.

Also, it was your bump that re-elevated this thread to front page status here - and for what? To sow the seeds of division and discontent - yeah, that was definitely worth while, wasn't it?

Come on - REALLY?!?!

Let it go already...

My VIN:    3060

Umm... actually this just isn't true/accurate.

There's only 1 thread on the first page of the Open section on DMCToday that was "created to specifically talk about DMCTalk," that being the thread entitled 'They run a tight ship over on that other forum...'.

Where exactly you're getting the other 3 from that you're asserting here, I honestly don't have clue, but it obviously isn't premised in objective reality.
    1. Talk Lurking Today
    2. They run a tight ship over on that other forum...
    3. Well it finally happened!
    4. Banned!

And these "3 additional threads where DMCTalk is mentioned (always negatively) on the first page of the thread," again, I have no idea what you're talking about,
    1. Wouldn't be so bad if his haircut wasn't so jacked up (and before you say he wasn't talking about Talk, what else would that be in reference to?)
    2. Dumbass kid brings gun to school
    3. Anyone buy tickets for the DCS raffle?

as Talk isn't always mentioned negatively where it appears on DMCToday.
    I didn't say it was always mentioned negatively every time it appears on DMCToday. I said it was mentioned negatively on the 3 occurrences it was mentioned within the 20 most recent threads of Open Discussion.

Banned

1. Talk Lurking Today
    This thread is merely discussing how Talk members are viewing Today threads as guests, as opposed to registered members - 1) It's not about Talk, but rather Talk members; and 2) what's so negative about that exactly?

2. They run a tight ship over on that other forum...
    I admitted to this thread, but if pointing out inconsistent application of the rules by admin/mods is negative, as opposed to a merely technical discussion, then so be it.

3. Well it finally happened!
    This thread is not about Talk - it's about Michael's internet browsing tendencies.

4. Banned!
    This thread is not about Talk - it's about Google search results on Bill's name in conjunction with the term 'DeLorean.'

1. Wouldn't be so bad if his haircut wasn't so jacked up (and before you say he wasn't talking about Talk, what else would that be in reference to?)
    REALLY?!?! Yeah, whatever...

2. Dumbass kid brings gun to school
    A light-hearted joke that asserts nothing but objective fact - again, REALLY?!?! Yeah, whatever...

3. Anyone buy tickets for the DCS raffle?
    Thirdmanj is a member of both forums. And how exactly is a question pertaining to a mascot negative?

I didn't say it was always mentioned negatively every time it appears on DMCToday. I said it was mentioned negatively on the 3 occurrences it was mentioned within the 20 most recent threads of Open Discussion.
    As I've shown above, that just isn't true either.

But hey, if you want to sow the seeds of division and discontent, go right ahead - just get the objective facts straight when attempting to do so.
    Last edited by NightFlyer; 04-05-2014 at 04:18 AM.

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Jesus, nobody other than you assholes gives a shit about this nonsense.

Pick a forum you like and go there. Don't go to the forum you don't like. This isn't complicated.

(Why the hell hasn't this thread been locked already?)
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    16867

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post

Pick a forum you like and go there. Don't go to the forum you don't like. This isn't complicated.

Amen!

My VIN:    00778 and Formerly 06770.

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post

Thank you! Spend some of that typing energy on your cars guys..... spring is near.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13