FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Delorean LED headlights

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

How is the beam pattern? are they going to attract a lot of (bad) attention and have people flashing high beams at you?
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    03572

I see they are not approved for road use yet. So you have them wired to run only 6 LEDs when you have high beams on and all of the LEDs with low beams?
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I see they are not approved for road use yet. So you have them wired to run only 6 LEDs when you have high beams on and all of the LEDs with low beams?
    Surely the other way around?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    First 700

Yeah 6 on low 15 on high. I'll try to get some pictures of the pattern tonight. It was raining yesterday. When driving with the one light on the driver's side I didn't get anyone flashing at me. While they are significantly brighter than the halogens, I don't think the low beams are substantially brighter than modern HIDs.

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Flicky View Post
    Yeah 6 on low 15 on high. I'll try to get some pictures of the pattern tonight. It was raining yesterday. When driving with the one light on the driver's side I didn't get anyone flashing at me. While they are significantly brighter than the halogens, I don't think the low beams are substantially brighter than modern HIDs.
    So you get enough light on low beams just running 6 LEDs on each side?
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

headlight idea

With all those individual LEDs, couldn't you rig up a 15 post rotary switch and dial in whatever brightness you
    wanted? It would take some major multi-strand wiring changes. Probably not even legal. Feel free to run with this...

My VIN:    6679

Quote Originally Posted by SS Spoiler View Post
    With all those individual LEDs, couldn't you rig up a 15 post rotary switch and dial in whatever brightness you
    wanted? It would take some major multi-strand wiring changes. Probably not even legal. Feel free to run with this...
    If one wanted to do that, there's ways of achieving it without running individual wires and switches for each LED - two wires is plenty enough
    Chris

My VIN:    First 700

I took some pictures trying to get an idea of the pattern. It was a little foggy. It looks like there is no real difference in the pattern from low to high, just 2.5x brighter. I stood 35 feet from the front and off to the side like where an oncoming car would be, and the low beams are not annoying. Drove for about 50 miles and passed 4 cops, no events or people flashing me. The low beams put out plenty of light and the high beams are perfect for spotting animals (saw 5 deer and an opossum tonight). They are not the best in heavy fog.

Tomorrow I'll follow a friend around at night and see if the lights are bothersome. I think that the car sits so low that it will not be a problem.

I'll have it up at DCS if anyone wants to have a look.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Flicky; 05-26-2014 at 02:28 AM.

My VIN:    6149 plus 2418, 3633, 5030, 17086

Can you take a picture of the beam pattern on a wall? That would show the actual light distribution.
    Thanks
    Greetings from Poland!
    Tom
    http://www.deloreana.com

Please excuse my typos... and watch this: Ben Champion - That Auto-Correct Song

My VIN:    05141

Wow that is a way better light than I would have expected.
    But I am sure those lights are not road legal here. But honestly.... I do not lik ethe looks of them so much. (sorry)

Jan

Steering with power

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast