FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Delorean LED headlights

My VIN:    First 700

More rain again tonight. I put a box in front of them and tried to get a picture but it is just a blob of light. I don't think they have a pattern at all. Looking at the reflector cone shape they don't look to be doing anything but a circle. I saw a video on you tube where the guy had them flipped the other way (6 on top), so who knows.

I have to agree that they look weird, but the light output is nice. If they become a problem with other drivers I'll move them to high only and get some Star HID or something.

I decided to put my Deloreana door LEDs in tonight and found this nastiness on the last cup I plucked out. Not sure how that happened.
    Attached Images

My VIN:    01955

Quote Originally Posted by Flicky View Post
    I took some pictures trying to get an idea of the pattern. It was a little foggy. It looks like there is no real difference in the pattern from low to high, just 2.5x brighter. I stood 35 feet from the front and off to the side like where an oncoming car would be, and the low beams are not annoying. Drove for about 50 miles and passed 4 cops, no events or people flashing me. The low beams put out plenty of light and the high beams are perfect for spotting animals (saw 5 deer and an opossum tonight). They are not the best in heavy fog.
    I wonder how they compare with Xenons. Was going to go down this route when I had to convert them to RHD, but was told to stay with the original looks and Xenons would preform better with projector beams.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Flicky View Post

I decided to put my Deloreana door LEDs in tonight and found this nastiness on the last cup I plucked out. Not sure how that happened.
    Mice
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    First 700

I think it may be a mouse. I didn't find any other wires bad inside, but it does look like little bits were chipped off. Cut the bad out and shrink tube'd it back to normal.

The pattern is what I was thinking...nonexistent (see pics). I am impressed that they line up considering I didn't adjust them. I put another 100 miles of night driving on with no issues from other drivers.

I am a bit upset with pick-up trucks tailgating while trying to get pictures. I was thinking of adding this under the louvers with a strobe effect. That 30K LM should get them off:
    http://www.amazon.com/Eyourlife-3000...1340091&sr=1-2

maybe a JD-3 dazzler to take out police laser speed guns too.
    Attached Images

My VIN:    01955

They look like spot lights!

I'm sure they have to dip to one side to meet road regulations.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4