FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Parts Crossover List

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    I was against the fogs at first. But now they are a standard option on builds. A nice to have option for many. I will be picking up these switches to integrate.

Attachment 32814
    I think a fog decal on a normal sized defroster switch would be a better look.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

My VIN:    3997

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    I was against the fogs at first. But now they are a standard option on builds. A nice to have option for many. I will be picking up these switches to integrate.

Attachment 32814
    Josh - Any up close photos on your mounting? Do you have custom brackets?

-Ryan
    Living The Dream Since 2005 - VIN#3997

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan King View Post
    Josh - Any up close photos on your mounting? Do you have custom brackets?

-Ryan
    nothing special. Outer two rock screen upper mounting bolts used along with the supplied brackets in the fog lamp kit.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    3937

Gas cap cross over?

Do we know of a suitable gas cap cross over? Like a make and model of vehicle that I could reference when walking into an auto parts store?

I don't need the locking one as I don't have a gas flap hood. Mine is a bit crusty looking underneath and I thought it might not be a bad idea to ensure that it is sealing well.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    6125

If you haven't already looked the ones from DMCH are actually really nice. The site lists them as an improved part so I'm not sure if they are a direct crossover or a reproduction.

http://store.delorean.com/p-6705-gas-cap.aspx

The photo shows the handle part as grey in color so I was planning to remove the lower latch, spring, and seal and swap it over to my original black fuel cap. To my surprise when it arrived it was black and was pretty much identical to my original cap so I just installed it as-is.

It won't help in an emergency if you're on the road and need a quick replacement, but if that's your concern you can always stash a spare somewhere.

Thanks Mark. I agree the DMCH one looks good and would be fine. And it isn't an emergency, thankfully.

The real issue is that with the exchange rate to Canadian dollars, everything ordered and then shipped from the US comes to about double of what it shows as the price on the webstore. This is higher on smaller orders and less so on bigger orders. Needing one thing or another here and there doesn't justify the minimum shipping costs. Not until you have a bunch of things to get all at once. I don't mind doing this, but having local options, in my own currency, is helpful. Especially generic items like gas caps or batteries or brake pads, etc. I've always bought my car parts through the recognized vendors, but there is a reality to the costs being unnecessarily high going over the border. Understandable?

My VIN:    6125

Yeah in your situation it sounds like you'd save quite a bit sourcing parts locally. I did a search and found an old DMCTalk.com thread that looks like it would be helpful. You can see if any of these part numbers hit at your local auto parts store:

http://dmctalk.org/archive/index.php/t-4040.html

Cross reference vehicle: 2003 BMW M5 5L V8

CST Part # 6810
    $5.99 at AutoZone

Gates Part # 31848
    $22.79 from RockAuto (lifetime warranty)

Stant Part #10844
    $25.79 from RockAuto (lifetime warranty)

Available in plastic (Gates and Stant) for about $25 from Rock Auto
    http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1016848

Thank you for shopping at Delorean Motor Company 2
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0dGhMemxCWWNrV 3c&pli=1#gid=0

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

More Clutch Slave Crossover Options

Air filter element

Air Filter:

AC: A815c, Bosch: AF235, Champion: AF343, CrosslandL 042115, Fram: PH287A, NAPA: 6112, NOPI: AF-235, Purolator: AF14275, Volvo: 269308-3, WIX: 46112, World: W27-623
    Has anyone got a current, useable crossover part number for the air filter element? I went to a NAPA today and they don't recognize the 6112 number and anyone selling FRAM filters have part numbers now starting with 'CA' not 'PH'.

My VIN:    10270

Fram CA6396

A search for 1982 Volvo 264 will produce many crossover engine parts. But Fram lists this specifically for the DeLorean.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast