FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Delorean Roof Interior

Delorean Roof Interior

Could someone throw up some pictures of what the interior roof of the delorean should look like under the headliner? Previous owner slathered everything with hard resin so I want to make sure when I'm clearing it I get it back to as close to stock-looking as possible.

My VIN:    03500

Quote Originally Posted by bitMuse View Post
    Could someone throw up some pictures of what the interior roof of the delorean should look like under the headliner? Previous owner slathered everything with hard resin so I want to make sure when I'm clearing it I get it back to as close to stock-looking as possible.
    Even from factory everyone is going to be a little different.
    This is VIN 3500.
    Can you get some pics of what you are talking about?

Dave B.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by WHO1DMC; 02-24-2023 at 10:02 AM.

Cheers, mate!

Yeah, I'll throw up some pictures on Monday when I get back to the shop. Thank you, that's super helpful.

It is no longer Monday but I do have those pictures. Here's the under-roof of my Delorean.

I am making a major guess here but it looks like someone took epoxy and a paintbrush (judging by the groove patterns) and slathered the interior roof. There's rust on the left kneepad by the knee pillar down to the floor (and the e-brake handle is rusted out) so I am .. guessing.. this car at one point had a leak and the owner thought it was the roof, and this was their fix.

I am super unsure about any of that it's just a rough guess.

My VIN:    03500

Quote Originally Posted by bitMuse View Post
    Well it actually doesn't look that bad. Something like that it might cause more harm than good trying to clean it.
    I would leave it alone. It does get covered up.
    I can get a little OCD myself but sometimes trying to do something you think is good sometimes can turn out terrible.

Dave B.

That's really good perspective... I think I might take your advice and just leave the roof for now. I'd like to eventually replace the roof box but that doesn't need to happen just because the interior is apart.