FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Other Exotics Spotted In The Wild

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

In a couple of weeks is the annual Exotic Car Festival down in Central FL. If any of you attend, you will see enough exotics to last you quite a while.

I think growing up in South Florida really ruined the "exotic" of exotic cars for me. I'd go grocery shopping and see lamborghini's, ferraris, etc... on a daily basis. Plus growing up near the Auto Toy Store and being near all the big ballers in Miami and Palm Beach sorta makes you numb to the effect.

I will say though it is still cool to see an OLDER exotic running around. Everyone has to have the newest and greatest... alot don't appreciate the older stuff.
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

My VIN:    3028

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    In a couple of weeks is the annual Exotic Car Festival down in Central FL. If any of you attend, you will see enough exotics to last you quite a while.

I think growing up in South Florida really ruined the "exotic" of exotic cars for me. I'd go grocery shopping and see lamborghini's, ferraris, etc... on a daily basis. Plus growing up near the Auto Toy Store and being near all the big ballers in Miami and Palm Beach sorta makes you numb to the effect.

I will say though it is still cool to see an OLDER exotic running around. Everyone has to have the newest and greatest... alot don't appreciate the older stuff.
    That's like saying "I grew up in the playboy mansion, all those naked women, gets boring after awhile". But I know what you mean, seeing an old classic car also gets me more excited than seeing a new sports car.
    Barry

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Agree 100%. I could care less about MurciƩlagos, Aventadors, Gallardos, etc, but LOVE it when I see a Countach, Jalpa, Urraco, Espada, etc.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Agreed, car show "spots" are Fish in a Barrel type things.

In the Wild, is stumbling across one in a parking lot, at an intersection, the older are rarer, the better.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

I have the opposite affliction, growing up and living in Upstate New York means you don't see exotics often at all. So ANY interesting car here garners attention. I agree though that older exotics are much more of a thrill to see out and about on an ordinary day. I think I did snap some pics of a DeTomaso Mangusta on my old cell phone, try to see if I can find it and upload them.
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

My VIN:    3937

Not quite the same as exotic women or sports cars, but something that hasn't lost it's wow factor for me is the CN Tower in Toronto. I've lived in and around the area for much of my life, but to this day I still look up and marvel at it when I'm there standing under it. Unique, rare and historic is a nice combination.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    5302

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Not quite the same as exotic women or sports cars, but something that hasn't lost it's wow factor for me is the CN Tower in Toronto. I've lived in and around the area for much of my life, but to this day I still look up and marvel at it when I'm there standing under it. Unique, rare and historic is a nice combination.

A fellow Torontonian! I feel the exact same way every time I visit that thing.
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I recall a few years ago reading an article in Automobile magazine about this sort of exotic car spotting. While we are all car fans, this was the first time I had seen someone taking it to this level (much like trainspotters), posting his pictures on FerrariChat. It was of particular interest as the car-spotter was based here in Atlanta and he referenced places that I drove by on occasion.

http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...r_doug_demuro/

The car-spotter in question was called Doug DeMuro, who has gone on to start his own car spotting forum (Chasing Exotics) after a successful spell on F-Chat. He segued that into an on-line blog and he has recently started writing directly for Jalopnik

http://www.chasingexotics.com/forum/forum.php

So there is money to be made in this game, perhaps 10s of dollars. And worldwide fame, obviously.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    3028

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    You have to start another thread, exotic buildings from around the world.
    Barry

My VIN:    10718

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Cool thread... love car spotting!

Here are a few... a beautiful Citroen at school, a Ford GT cruising the 'hood, and a Dino (caught this one driving during RUSH HOUR in LA!).
    IMG_2873.jpgIMG_2365.jpgIMG_1310.jpg

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast