FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Other Exotics Spotted In The Wild

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Not 100% sure how exotic these are considered, but I was surprised to see two side-by-side on my commute this morning.

red one

black one

(and yes, I was stopped when taking these pics)
    Attached Images
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    5302

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Not 100% sure how exotic these are considered, but I was surprised to see two side-by-side on my commute this morning.
    Heh, and that's how quickly a car can go from being rare and cool to a Honda Civic. (no offense to Civic owners -- it's merely a comment of how frequently you see them)
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

I see Leafs by the dozen round here (leafs by the branch??) but only occasionally a Tesla. Two together was a surprise. They were side by side for part of the trip, and I expected them to roll down the windows and have a chat about hypermiling or whatever, but they stoically ignored each other. Perhaps that's proof enough that they aren't exotic, come to think about it.

I think the black one was a '60', with a website price of $75k, but the red one was a P85, listed at $95k (0-60 in 4.2 secs, perfect for rush hour )
    Dermot

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by john 05141 View Post
    I had the opportunity to take a spin on the formula one track in Belgium (Zolder) there were some nice wheels there. But the Countach is my absolute favorite, and this one was is awesome condition.
    Jan
    I'd agree with you completely on the Countach, Jan. Something magical and mysterious about those cars. I don't remember getting to see one up close until a couple summers ago in Calgary. This wasn't exactly in the wild as it was a car show, but amazing it certainly was.

IMG_0103.jpgIMG_0102.jpgIMG_0097.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    I see Leafs by the dozen round here (leafs by the branch??) but only occasionally a Tesla. Two together was a surprise. They were side by side for part of the trip, and I expected them to roll down the windows and have a chat about hypermiling or whatever, but they stoically ignored each other. Perhaps that's proof enough that they aren't exotic, come to think about it.
    That's a good point about what is considered exotic or rare. What does make something qualify?

A friend got talking about this one day and commented how most cars you see drive by on the highway or even walk by at car shows are just blah, blah, blah. Like they're all the same. Then every so often you see one that stands out from the blah. The DeLorean is one of those cars and I'd say the Countach is too. Many, many others are not. Thought that was an interesting way to look at it.

Now why don't you make like a Nissan and leaf?

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

If I go "oohhh look at that", then it's an exotic
    Dermot

My VIN:    04610

Guess what my son sat in a few weeks ago?

10584041_10204789608203193_8624950426900571911_n.jpg

My VIN:    First 700

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Guess what my son sat in a few weeks ago?
    Very nice, is it a Pagani Huayra? It happens to be the car of the month on my calendar.

My VIN:    04610

Quote Originally Posted by Flicky View Post
    Very nice, is it a Pagani Huayra? It happens to be the car of the month on my calendar.
    It sure is! First one I saw 'in the flesh' ; a testdriver was driving it and told me it was THE car they used in Transformers 4. I have him the 'thumbs up', because it sounded magnificient when he drove by. When he came back, he opened the gullwing door and put my son in the passengerseat ... without me even asking. Great car and great color!

10609616_10204789608643204_3054657548446914178_n.jpg

My VIN:    5482

First time I've ever seen one of these in person

I have two all-time favorite cars. The one that I can and have obtained is the DeLorean. The one I cannot currently obtain is this car. This is the first time I've ever seen one in person. I came across it on my way to lunch today. It was sitting at the Italian automotive shop next to my office. I'm sure I've referenced them before on here as I get an occasional treat.

288GTO(front).jpg288GTO(back).jpg288GTO(side).jpg

And for those who are looking at this thinking "OK, I give up, what is it?"... first of all shame on you... This is the 1984-85 Ferrari 288 GTO. Only 272 examples were produced. 30-ish of that number were originally imported for sale in the US.
    Last edited by OverlandMan; 06-02-2015 at 02:43 PM.
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Legion View Post
    I was out today and when I pulled into a parking lot I saw this and and had to park next to it for a picture and the owner came out, so it was nice. Wasn't a bad evening, but I consider the Insight an exotic, so here's my post.

I actually own an Insight! Only silver, unfortunately. That citrus is the best color. I think there was one for sale when I was looking, but it wasn't a manual, unfortunately.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast