FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: I just bought the infamous "World's Fastest DeLorean" :)

Quote Originally Posted by wafflemaster View Post
    -1931 Ford Model A --- undergoing a re-body in wood and aircraft fabric
    -1998 Viper GTS --- 700hp "all motor" build underway. That thing is scary in stock form
    -Lamborghini LP560 -- Supercharged with a 2.3 L Roots-type blower. ~700hp
    -A few other things in various stages of development

Basically, I like cars that are unique/rare or played significant roles in automotive history
    Hooooly crap! may I ask, what you do for a living?

I always love hearing about how people get where they are, so I can hope to own cars like that some day. I don't want to pry, but I'd love to know.

Welcome and props for picking up such a well known DeLorean! I can't wait to see how it turns out, and a proper video of it opened up. I was very disappointed in it's performance on Tuned, and wished they had properly stored it and cleaned it up for testing before that film was made. Glad to see it's in the hands of someone capable of bringing it back to glory. Best of luck!

My VIN:    1258

Congrats on getting this car. I'm sure it will turn in to a lot of fun /

My VIN:    3015

Quote Originally Posted by toyotafreak88 View Post
    Hooooly crap! may I ask, what you do for a living?

I always love hearing about how people get where they are, so I can hope to own cars like that some day. I don't want to pry, but I'd love to know.

Welcome and props for picking up such a well known DeLorean! I can't wait to see how it turns out, and a proper video of it opened up. I was very disappointed in it's performance on Tuned, and wished they had properly stored it and cleaned it up for testing before that film was made. Glad to see it's in the hands of someone capable of bringing it back to glory. Best of luck!
    I started out as a freelance graphic artist, and ended up doing a lot of web design as well. The web design company evolved into a software company and that's my primary focus for now. I like change

Thanks for the support with the car! I love the history of it and I am excited to make it better than ever. I just ordered a MoTec M84 ecu for it and it'll most likely be getting some new headers and modern turbos.

I want to keep the "spirit" of the car but modernize it for performance and reliability. I'm not about to give up the "World's fastest Delorean" title just yet, but there is some great competition out there. We'll see what she's capable of at Bonneville or maybe the Silver State Challenge at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by wafflemaster View Post
    I started out as a freelance graphic artist, and ended up doing a lot of web design as well. The web design company evolved into a software company and that's my primary focus for now. I like change

Thanks for the support with the car! I love the history of it and I am excited to make it better than ever. I just ordered a MoTec M84 ecu for it and it'll most likely be getting some new headers and modern turbos.

I want to keep the "spirit" of the car but modernize it for performance and reliability. I'm not about to give up the "World's fastest Delorean" title just yet, but there is some great competition out there. We'll see what she's capable of at Bonneville or maybe the Silver State Challenge at some point.
    That's pretty awesome, I'm a freelance photographer so I'm hoping someday I'll have some extra cash for cars. I love cars, and I really want to race them, but I could never afford that now and there's no way I want to work for anyone but myself in the foreseeable future.

I think your plan is great, it's what I'd likely do with the car. As much as I like the idea of things being "original"...I'm a huge fan of improvement too.

My VIN:    16995

Club(s):   (DCF)

Just wanted to bump this thread and see if there's been any update. Been looking forward to the progress on this one.

My VIN:    3015

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420689054.081728.jpg

The engine (4.1 liter Buick Grand National Stage Block) has been delivered to my engine builder. Unfortunately it was in pretty bad shape, apparently run without oil for an amount of time. The bearings were down to the copper

Now she's getting new pistons, rods, crank and so on. I'm considering a naturally aspirated build at this time since there isn't a good solution for intercooling for the twin turbo setup. The original setup relied on water-meth injection, but I'm not a big fan of that for a regular driver. I'm confident that we can get 350hp from the GN engine without boost. If it's not enough, we can always add boost later.

My VIN:    07000

Nice to see that this is still coming along. And that's a nice 54(?) Chevy Pickup btw.
    Last edited by Timebender; 01-08-2015 at 04:22 PM.

it's great to hear things are coming along! Sorry to hear about the engine damage, it will undoubtedly be better now though, that it ever was.

My VIN:    2894

Just wanted to bump this thread and see if there's been any update. I've also been looking forward to the progress on this one.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6