FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Delorean Performance Industries Gear Change Lever 105811 Stainless Steel

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Delorean Performance Industries Gear Change Lever 105811 Stainless Steel

Link to our online store featuring this product: (if you plan to copy this link to other pages please copy from our page as this link will show up invalid)

http://delorean.gostorego.com/origin...stainless.html

Delorean Performance Industries Gear Change Lever. With age this component is showing an increased failure rate. Commonly damaged due to the use of stainless shifter plates. Manufactured by Delorean Performance Industries ensuring the finest fit and fitment possible. Priced at $49.95. (for those eager to site forum law)

A side note: In an effort to bring better product awareness to a misinformed community DPI is taking steps to highlight previously unavailable items. Shortly all items marked as 0.00 by DMCH will be featured in a main header category on our site. This is not limited to items reproduced in stainless and covers the entire spectrum of the DMC-12.dpi stainless shifter rod.jpg Feel free to check periodically as we release many NLA items over the next months.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

Fantastic item. I was just thinking of how turn mine into a metal look but chrome was too bling bling. SS is the perfect texture. Now you need to make a shifter housing that will expose and compliment the ss lever.
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
    ...SS is the perfect texture. Now you need to make a shifter housing that will expose and compliment the ss lever.
    Josh could confirm, I think this item is meant to go with aftermarket DeLorean shifter housing/plates like this one:

http://dmoco.com/shifter_plate.html

As Josh notes, "With age this component is showing an increased failure rate. Commonly damaged due to the use of stainless shifter plates.", so apparently at least some cars running the aftermarket shifter gate with the OE shifter are weakening, then failing, the steel shifter.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

I have just that shifter but have not used it yet.

Josh I have an order pending with you, in case you haven't read your mail yet please add this to my order if not too late
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Nice improvement, wonderful item

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

josh - the name or heading for the category should be:

"New and Improved NLA Items!"
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Josh could confirm, I think this item is meant to go with aftermarket DeLorean shifter housing/plates like this one:

http://dmoco.com/shifter_plate.html

As Josh notes, "With age this component is showing an increased failure rate. Commonly damaged due to the use of stainless shifter plates.", so apparently at least some cars running the aftermarket shifter gate with the OE shifter are weakening, then failing, the steel shifter.
    Yes, but it not a cure all for worn shifters. The metal on metal action will be considerably less with like materials. The noted failure is actually fracturing of the shaft at the roll pin location.

Quote Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
    I have just that shifter but have not used it yet.

Josh I have an order pending with you, in case you haven't read your mail yet please add this to my order if not too late
    Already taken care of! I will touch base with the updated total shortly.

Dpi service at its finest!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    josh - the name or heading for the category should be:

"New and Improved NLA Items!"
    I was limited by how wide our page banner is. I would have gotten creative if not for trying to avoid a second line of drop down categories.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast