FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Chromed DMC logo in the grille

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My VIN:    05141

Chromed DMC logo in the grille

I have been toying with this idea since I got the car 6 years ago.
    The Delorean does not have chrome on it, and I am not a chrome freak either.
    But somehow I tought the Logo deserves a chrome. and a car logo ought to be chrome.

The first one wanted to ask me 300€ for this job
    So then there was guy at 3 minutes from my work. Very old looking place. I put the logo on his desk "A Delorean !!!!!!!!, my god!!" He has a Ferrari 308, so there was an oldtimer connection. He'd do that for me for 50€, that is much better!!! goyt it back a week later, perfectly done.
    Comming home I needed to add the black paint. I tought to sand the chrome way there, so I taped the DMC letters, but that chrome is hard to sand. Only some light surface scratches not enough to paint. I tried with a good primer anyway but my removing the tape some of the black paint came off, so I taped the letters agzain and use a sand blaster here at work with a gently power setting and then it was perfect. I did not spaypaint the black but applied with a fine brush.

Sure some people will feel it does not fit a Delorean, but I like it. It brings some extra attention to that beautiful logo we all love so much.
    enjoy the pics I took on my frst drive this season.

Jan
    Attached Images

Steering with power