FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: No more members?

My VIN:    TBA@LaterDate

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    And yet you guys continue to come running back to post here.
    But I'm not one of "those guys".

Professor Roy Hinkley

Quote Originally Posted by RoyHinkley View Post

I've been on both forums for quite some time now.
    Not according to your join date.
    1-800-273-8255

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

Seriously.... stop all of the Us vs. Them posts...

I was off the board from Thanksgiving until about a week ago for personal reasons. I assumed that it was being continued in my absence, but apparently I was wrong. It will be returning for April, 2014. Simple explanation.
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

So just a recap. On DMCTalk, you can't talk about religion. You can't talk about politics, and you can't talk about other boards....I think you need to change the name.

I'm off to join Today...maybe I will be the 200th member?
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Where does it say you can't talk about other boards? There's a difference between talking about another board and calling out members, taunting, etc...

Again, Michael...

What i'm trying to curb is all of the bashing of other members on other boards. If you prefer to join DMCToday, then by all means, have a good time... no one is stopping you. All i am trying to do is have DeLorean owners act like adults and stop bashing other DeLorean owners, which cause them to stop using the boards because of (and I quote random complaints) "immaturity", "bullying", etc.

If you feel it is better over there, then go right ahead. I'm tired of seeing members from over here complaining that they would rather use the DML of all things because of people bashing other delorean owners between the forums.

If you just want to keep beating a dead horse and say "oh, we're too censored", then that's your opinion. No one is censoring your views.

As a person trying to stop all the bickering between the two forums, I once again request that people stop with the us vs. them threads. If you like one particular forum, then just use it and help other D owners out instead of trying to become part of the group ostracizing delorean owners for their choices.

Again, let them enjoy their forum style, feel free to participate. Just everyone stop with the us vs. them comparisons. Is that too much to honestly ask??

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

Better way of putting it:

Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    Not according to your join date.
    J, as I told you in a pm. I have been on both forums for a long time now as a guest. I just joined as a member recently. Many people are guests for years before joining, and guests can see every piece of textual information, just not pictures.
    Don't feel threatened by me J, I mean no harm to anyone. I am also much nicer and mature than many. (On both forums)
    Professor Roy Hinkley

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    So just a recap. On DMCTalk, you can't talk about religion. You can't talk about politics, and you can't talk about other boards....I think you need to change the name.

I'm off to join Today...maybe I will be the 200th member?
    You will find you are treated with much, much more respect on Today. It just seems to be the trend there for their members.

Professor Roy Hinkley

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Where does it say you can't talk about other boards? There's a difference between talking about another board and calling out members, taunting, etc...

Again, Michael...

What i'm trying to curb is all of the bashing of other members on other boards. If you prefer to join DMCToday, then by all means, have a good time... no one is stopping you. All i am trying to do is have DeLorean owners act like adults and stop bashing other DeLorean owners, which cause them to stop using the boards because of (and I quote random complaints) "immaturity", "bullying", etc.

If you feel it is better over there, then go right ahead. I'm tired of seeing members from over here complaining that they would rather use the DML of all things because of people bashing other delorean owners between the forums.

If you just want to keep beating a dead horse and say "oh, we're too censored", then that's your opinion. No one is censoring your views.

As a person trying to stop all the bickering between the two forums, I once again request that people stop with the us vs. them threads. If you like one particular forum, then just use it and help other D owners out instead of trying to become part of the group ostracizing delorean owners for their choices.

Again, let them enjoy their forum style, feel free to participate. Just everyone stop with the us vs. them comparisons. Is that too much to honestly ask??

Excuse me, I fail to see where I taunted anyone.
    If I did, I apologize. Some people can dish out things and be completely profane and insulting but cry when they feel someone calls them out on it. Isn't that what has happened here? And if that is exactly what has happened and now I am being blamed, isn't that censoring my view?
    Seems a little one sided what you said.

Professor Roy Hinkley

Roy, I wasn't speaking to you. It was in reference to no one in particular at all. I'm sorry if you felt it was directed your way.

I just want people to not be nasty to people from other forums and vice versa. It's been this whole one forum versus the other forum and it has driven relatively new people from the forum away and frankly I don't want people who are just coming aboard (like you for instance) to not feel welcome because of something that has been drawn out long enough.

Car communities are supposed to be that...communities. But there are so many members holding grudges over things that have happened so long ago, or people antagonizing visitors from other forums as what happened a few weeks ago that upset other members. If some people think it's censorship for asking that people just stop the comments that are obviously bothering others, then I don't know what else to say but "be nice".

When we hear from people with under 15 posts who haven't been on the forum long at all who say there is too much drama, then it's a problem.

I hope that clears that up a little. We are just tired of people feeling like they are being pushed away for being new or for being a member of another forum.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast