FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Everything wrong with the BTTF movie

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

One huge flaw I noticed when I was 10 years old: when the car stalls seconds before Marty needs to race to the clock tower and he slams his head into the steering wheel where there is no horn button.... But looking back you can see he also throws his left hand at the turn signal stalk where the horn really is, still that always bothered me.

Also they didnt catch the odometer errors int he Libyan chase scene.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

I haven't seen the video, but one of the things that I thought kinda funny was that Brown said "I don't know how they found me," while his truck is labelled "DR E BROWN ENTERPRISES" in big block letters on both sides -- and, were that not enough, he put lights on the truck to shine on his name...
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

I always want to hear more back story on the libyan meeting/ set up, How did Doc get mixed up with some terrorists? Anyone know of fan made side stories for Bttf?

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by vwdmc16 View Post
    I always want to hear more back story on the libyan meeting/ set up, How did Doc get mixed up with some terrorists? Anyone know of fan made side stories for Bttf?
    There is a hilarious episode of robot chicken that gets into the Doc / Libyan set up. Should be up on youtube.

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by vwdmc16 View Post
    Kristen Sheley has written some good BTTF fan fiction over the years. http://www.kristensheley.com/bttf/

Lots of others out there, but I have not read any lately. https://www.fanfiction.net/movie/Back-to-the-Future/
    Last edited by Rich W; 04-03-2014 at 01:59 PM. Reason: fixed type-o

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

I would suspect (as most Hollywood films go) that the Lybians were eager to create a weapon of mass destruction to attack within the US and assigned their Plutonium to a Scientist (Doc) for that purpose.
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
    I would suspect (as most Hollywood films go) that the Lybians were eager to create a weapon of mass destruction to attack within the US and assigned their Plutonium to a Scientist (Doc) for that purpose.
    It's a good thing he took their plutonium and, in turn, gave them a shoddy bomb casing full of used pinball machine parts. He did this because he loved the USA.
    Jeff

My VIN:    3060

Quote Originally Posted by OverlandMan View Post
    It's a good thing he took their plutonium and, in turn, gave them a shoddy bomb casing full of used pinball machine parts. He did this because he loved the USA.
    Joke's on him. Everyone knows the best kind of bombs are made with pinball machine parts.

My VIN:    3937

It's just a movie... but I'll bite on the nuclear ridiculousness topic...

Agreed on the nuclear reaction generating heat and not electricity directly.

For some relative scale of things in comparison, the nuclear power generation units I'm familiar with are about 750 MW each when at full power. The nuclear reaction in each unit is in the ballpark of 3 million horsepower of energy as heat. They are about 1/3 efficient, so say that 750 MW of produced electricity is about one million horsepower. I don't know what kind of transmission you would need to handle one million horsepower, but let's not worry about that for a moment. Each of these 750 MW producing units is doing so with a turbine generator set where this combined massive piece of steel all rotating at 1,800 RPM weighs in at about 300 tons. So to produce that 1.21 GW of electricity, even if for a moment, you need about 1.5 times what this real world nuclear reactor can do and your turbine generator set comes in weighing 450 tons. Yikes! That's a heavy car!!

Not to mention the irradiated water or fuel rod or whatever else was left over and they forgot to mention. I'm not aware of anyone coming out with a liquid uranium, and so if the fuel rod was used for this one nuclear reaction, it would still be generating heat long after that one moment. The reactors can typically shut off about 90% of the heat produced immediately by stopping the chain reaction by one way or another. The remaining decay heat just keeps on going though and only stops based on the half life of whatever isotope it's decayed down to. You still need to remove that decay heat which is why power plants have irradiated fuel bays where the used fuel is under water for a few years and the water circulating around it is sent through a heat exchanger and the heat is then sent off to a cooling tower or lake/ocean. You take away the circulation of the cooling water while the decay heat is still being produced and sooner or later tragic things can happen (like at Fukushima).

It may be interesting to note that the uranium that is stored at a power plant that has not gone into the reactor yet is not radioactive (or dangerous) enough to warrant any special shielding. We used to walk right by the storage area and it only had a fence around it for security, but not for shielding. Once it goes into the reactor and comes out again, then that's a different story. So to me, they shouldn't have needed the radiation suits to handle fresh fuel. Although the typical US design of a reactor is different than Canadian and the US uses a much higher level of enrichment for their uranium. You can make bombs out of the US stuff but not the Canadian. So why would any of these countries out there not want to use a CANDU type design and then there's no chance for weapons production? Kind of what the UN wants to know as well.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    01955

The flames on the road was a signature effect in BTTF.

So when Doc dropped Marty off towards the end of Part 1 at his house. He reverses, goes down the street, does a U-turn, guns it to 88 and ...... no flames after the flashes??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast