Here's how not to be a d!ck.

http://rallyways.com/quickblog/worst...attendee-ever/

Cheers
    Steven
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    6585

This should be on a big sign at the entrance to every car show.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    6654

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    This should be on a big sign at the entrance to every car show.
    Rule Number One: Don’t Touch the Cars!

They need to watch the people around a DeLorean. In 2 weeks I'll be at the the Celebration car show. I'll bet at least 100 people just walk up and touch the car. It's like that every year.
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

My VIN:    16793

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

I have seen several owners display a "DeLorean 101" sheet that includes a few facts people often get wrong, and rules built into the facts - like I saw something to the affect of "The DeLorean has a stainless steel skin, not aluminum! Like your stainless steel appliances, fingerprints can be a bit of a nuisance so PLEASE refrain from touching the car no matter how tempting!". I like how this keeps it fun, but at the same time people who touch these cars probably don't care to stop and read a sheet like this... Does anyone use a sheet like this?
    DeLorean VIN 16793 - 1983
    Loving my power steering!

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by kajcienski View Post
    I have seen several owners display a "DeLorean 101" sheet that includes a few facts people often get wrong, and rules built into the facts - like I saw something to the affect of "The DeLorean has a stainless steel skin, not aluminum! Like your stainless steel appliances, fingerprints can be a bit of a nuisance so PLEASE refrain from touching the car no matter how tempting!". I like how this keeps it fun, but at the same time people who touch these cars probably don't care to stop and read a sheet like this... Does anyone use a sheet like this?
    Unlike most cars, the Delorean invites people to touch it and because it is usually displayed with the doors open people often jump in. If having people touch the car bothers you that much don't go to car shows. Fingerprints wipe off. As for the jumping in problem, get some plastic pipe, cut it into two pieces long enough to go between the door anchor pins, paint them yellow and wrap a stripe with black tape. Now you get all of the dumb questions about how do you close the doors with them. I have a display board with some FAQ's but many don't bother to read it. They prefer to use those questions to strike up a conversation. I also use LOOK BUT DON'T TOUCH signs but the kids don't read them! Just be careful of the ones who lean against the car with jeans with rivets, those scratch!
    David Teitelbaum

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Last year's season wasn't too bad for me - I attended roughly 9 shows with the D.

Hoping for a repeat or even an improvement this year

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I love going to shows. Mostly because I like the fact that the DeLorean stands out in the sea of vintage hot rods. Everybody has seen an old Ford or Chevy. Almost no one has seen a DeLorean in person.

I have a couple different boards I've displayed. The one from The DeLorean Club of Ohio (I think?) is pretty good though slightly out of date. Might have to make a new one myself. Anyway. I printer it to 18x24 and mounted it to foam core and put it on the drivers seat. Keeps people from sitting and I find they actually do read it. Passenger side gets one of my kid's oversized teddy bears. That keeps them from sitting there.

I don't mind fingerprints. It happens so I keep some cleaner with me for touch ups. Some people are way too uptight. Heck, I've been known to allow strangers to sit in my car for a photo at the gas station etc on a case by case basis. It's just a car and if they're respectful how could I deny them the joy. Remember, we were once just like them in our awe and fascination.

Cheers
    Steven
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

car shows

Just an idea, how about a sign that says touch here, it's stainless. Then you only have to clean one little spot,
    instead of the whole car.

My VIN:    10722

Or, if you have a protective lacquer finish (i.e. painted) Delorean, then you need not worry about fingerprints...

I use to show a 68 Camaro, and only completely naked, attractive women were allowed to touch the car.

Andy

My VIN:    747, Rally D, formally 10309, Marty Mcfly 85 Toyota, 2004 Mach 1

I've mentioned on here before. I put a for sale sign in the window that says 150k OBO. Parents see that and hold their kids real close to them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast