FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DMCTalk's April 2014 Forum Member of the Month: TBA!!

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Thanks Roy!
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by RoyHinkley View Post

I think you are smart enough to figure that out Ronnie. I already said it in this and other threads. The simple fact is, I am here, and I don't need to answer to anyone. If you don't like me then leave, or just ignore me. That seems to be the advice given by members here.
    Well, I see where you said, "I am the only one who stands up for people being mistreated here." But then you told Jonathan that was in jest... I don't see where you said much else in this thread and am not inclined to look in the other threads, so let's just say I am not smart enough to figure it out. "Answer to", WTH? As far as liking you, I don't know you well enough to tell...but you are off to a great start!
    Leaving or ignoring is not my style, I would just ban/delete/hack your account as that seems to be the norm nowadays.

Have fun in your endeavor whatever it is...
    Last edited by Ron; 04-04-2014 at 11:40 PM.

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

This is what, like Bill's 800th screen name?
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    TBA@LaterDate

Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    I am not Bill, my name is Roy. Professor Roy Hinkley to be exact.

I will stop my "agenda" when accipiter is banned. You have my word on that.

My VIN:    3299

More thread hi-jacking. Unbelievable.

So, can you explain to me why you are doing what you're doing, Roy? I am asking you, person to person here. I don't want any riddles or metaphors. I don't want any "You should already know..." stuff. I do not comb these forums for every last little injustice or misunderstanding here, so I am asking you as you clearly feel passionate about things - what is the problem?

Be civil about this please. I am trying to meet you in the middle here and understand the situation.

For the record, my "skirt around the rules" post was not about you.
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean03 View Post
    More thread hi-jacking. Unbelievable.

So, can you explain to me why you are doing what you're doing, Roy? I am asking you, person to person here. I don't want any riddles or metaphors. I don't want any "You should already know..." stuff. I do not comb these forums for every last little injustice or misunderstanding here, so I am asking you as you clearly feel passionate about things - what is the problem?

Be civil about this please. I am trying to meet you in the middle here and understand the situation.

For the record, my "skirt around the rules" post was not about you.
    I'm done trying to show the inconsistency and bias of moderation. Im done standing up for the many people who don't post here anymore because of the nastiness of many other members and moderator's lack of help in those situations. I only know of one member who was finally treated nicely by an admin, but for him it was too little too late and he left altogether. I think my point was well made and the actions of moderators by closing threads after getting the last word in without calling out long term members here was well noted by all.
    Hey, I even just posted a joke on a thread Accipiter posted on, and I didn't say anything nasty to him, even though he called me an asshole.
    I will move on and be an asset instead of an advocate for those who feel they have been mistreated.
    I was speaking with a member in person last weekend who says they are still a member here but they won't post any ideas because when they do all they get is ragged on.

Please feel free to ask me anything, anything at all.

My VIN:    3299

Fair enough. And see, this is the kind of feedback I need to see and hear. I think it's an unfortunate misconception that we as moderators see all, be all, and know all in this forum. For me, that could not be farther from the truth, and I need members to come to me, give me links so I can get to threads quickly, and see what is going on - because - I will not police these forums. Won't happen.

I come here for what I am interested in, and if there is injustice or abuse going on and it's not in the threads I am looking at - then it won't be addressed. It is extraordinarily rare for someone to be banned on site, so the chance of getting banned and not being able to get to me to help you is VERY rare.

When Accipiter did his thing, he was a mod. He is not anymore. His time as a mod has concluded, and now Sound and myself are the two prominent mods. There are nearly no others. Mike has retired pretty much as well as Sean. I bring this to everyone's attention because I take partial offense to any statement where "Mods are treating people with bias or unfairly" because I have done what I can to enforce the rules without being a fascist. I want everyone here to feel respected and have equal say - as long as criticism is constructive and people keep open minds. Remember, this is a forum; we can't read into the emotions typed here . One thing can read 1000 different ways unless some emoticons are used to at least connotate the emotion behind the statement or expression.

I see how passionate you are, Roy. I get it; you got my attention. Now, let's be constructive and get things on track. There's going to be arguing here and there - it's an internet forum - there's no way it can't happen. It will happen on any forum in any hobby - period. I've been here 11 years now, and sometimes I've just had to look the other way. It sucks when injustice has occurred on you, and you feel ignored or disrespected. Sometimes, just has to be water off a duck's back my man.

Thank you for stating your thoughts and conversing with me. I do appreciate your straight answers and am starting to see where you're coming from.
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    Image1.jpg

Ronnie, I'm not Bill. Honestly, I'm not. I respectfully ask that you please leave him out of this all.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyHinkley View Post
    Ronnie, I'm not Bill. Honestly, I'm not. I respectfully ask that you please leave him out of this all.
    LOL, I don't know what "this" is, remember? -- You didn't answer... ( I have since read the, or at least some of the, threads you were speaking of. Interesting, to say the least.)
    What makes you (still) think I think you are Bill? I don't. I didn't mention his name. lol. Bill is my friend. We are Arch Rivals in the DeLorean Internet world...And Steve SUCKS! But not as bad as NightFlyer.

-Ronald
    Last edited by Ron; 04-06-2014 at 12:23 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast