FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: USED Black Dash Board - Houston Repop

My VIN:    3997

USED Black Dash Board - Houston Repop

I am selling my Reproduction Houston Dashboard. I found a local owner who swapped out his stock Dashboard for a Houston model, So I jumped all over the opportunity to go back to stock.

I am not a fan of this product, to be completely honest, which is why I am selling it. There has been fading of the black on the dash board, in addition to a bolt coming off underneath from installation. (All Pictured). Taking all of this into account, this dash will need some love to make it look great again. I would highly suggest whoever is interested, to apply foam to the back to help with rigidity, and I would respray this with black dye or SEM paint trim. Other then that, the dash is in good shape. UI had this in my car for around 3 years or so.

I am asking only $190, which will include shipping. (I might be taking a hit for including shipping, so my loss is your gain.) Houston charges 300 dollars + around 30 dollars for shipping for this piece. You could probably bring this dashboard back to life with about 30-40 dollars worth of materials. Please look over all the photos posted, as this product is used and sold as is. Thanks!

-Ryan

P.S. If this is sold by the weekend, I could have it boxed up and shipped out no later then Monday, which could make it on time to you for a weekend project for that upcoming car show.

dashboaed 5.jpgdashboaed 2.jpgdashboaed 8.jpgdashboaed .jpgdashboaed 4.jpgdashboaed 1.jpgdashboaed 6.jpgdashboaed 7.jpg
    Living The Dream Since 2005 - VIN#3997

My VIN:    TBA@LaterDate

This is a very good deal Ryan, my dash is in good shape, is stock, and is grey though. Good luck with it, it really is a steal and the faded black areas can be easily dyed using color coat spray I'm sure. I used the grey color coat after repairing a small crack in mine. Came out lovely. I'm sure the stud that came off can be glued back in with epoxy before any new owner installs it.
    Maybe my post will bump this thread to the top and alert a potential buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyHinkley View Post
    This is a very good deal Ryan, my dash is in good shape, is stock, and is grey though. Good luck with it, it really is a steal and the faded black areas can be easily dyed using color coat spray I'm sure. I used the grey color coat after repairing a small crack in mine. Came out lovely. I'm sure the stud that came off can be glued back in with epoxy before any new owner installs it.
    Thank you very much! Yeah, I know someone can make this brand new again, I just choose to not take the time and money to do it. Maybe if I generate no interest I will put the money into it, but I would just like to move it.

My VIN:    TBA@LaterDate

Quote Originally Posted by RoyHinkley View Post

I guess this post wasn't allowed either, as I don't intend to by the dashboard. Wacky rules, but OK!

Sale Pending

My VIN:    2964

Those are the dashes DMCH is selling for $300??? I was gonna buy from them, but they seem very cheap and fragile. I think I should find someone to recover my stock.
    Billy C. VIN: 2964

"Trying to Live the Dream!"

"If you're gonna own a DeLorean, why not build it with some style?"

http://www.facebook.com/billy.chingas.7

Quote Originally Posted by 1batt4u View Post
    Those are the dashes DMCH is selling for $300??? I was gonna buy from them, but they seem very cheap and fragile. I think I should find someone to recover my stock.
    Dash is sold

And yes, I wasn't pleased with how it fit in my car. I've seen other cars and those looked good. Mine however wasn't a good fit.