FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Interest? Reproduction Tool Kit

My VIN:    6679

This is my onboard toolkit - the DMC toiletry bag, spanners, sockets, screwdrivers, relays, fuses, and an RPM relay (not that I should ever need it as I have Dave's solid state one, but it could help a fellow DeLorean owner someday).

Chris

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Domi View Post
    Do you think you would be able to reproduce the DMC logo like this one?:
    http://dmctalk.org/album.php?albumid...chmentid=22317
    Definitely not. I don't even know how I'd go about doing something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tillsy View Post
    This is my onboard toolkit - the DMC toiletry bag, spanners, sockets, screwdrivers, relays, fuses, and an RPM relay (not that I should ever need it as I have Dave's solid state one, but it could help a fellow DeLorean owner someday).
    That's actually a really nice idea! (I also keep a spare RPM relay in my emergency kit. )
    - Chris

what

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Tillsy View Post

That's a perfect use for that bag. IMO I don't think anyone would make the connection of that luggage unless it was right beside the car or viewed by a diehard fan, but certainly not by anyone who happens so to be in your hotel bathroom. After all she's your bathroom so she's already been impressed or about to be.
    Now you've gone and turned it into something better suited for an owner.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    I'm more interested in providing something cool for the community than making money, but it does seem like the potential customer base would be very small. I could always make an upgraded kit with modern, useful tools but at that point most people can just make their own kits.

Oh well. I'll probably make mine just to make it, then.
    The original tool kit was junk. No need to remake that. BUT, I have wanted to see a storage kit/toolbox that is the shape of the spare tire and fits in the trunk where the spare tire currently is. The kit could involve extra fuel lines, a can of fix-a-flat, wrenches, etc. I think that is a more modern approach.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    Definitely not. I don't even know how I'd go about doing something like that.
    Yeah, I guess it's not an easy job.

My VIN:    First 700

I like Alden wrenches if you do make something. High quality and very handy at times, but the cost is high. They are made of hardened stainless steel.

I'd have to say that a even a repo with high quality tools would likely not be a big seller. For a cool looking tool kit that had a good assortment of emergency thingies...I'd likely pay up to $125 for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2