FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: help for a complete Delorean newbie trying to spend between $35k-$48k

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by acaciolo View Post
    I just posted in the thread about that raffle car. I can honestly say, this wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for the help and advice from all of you. Big thanks to Knightflyer for going WAY out of his way to help me find this. I probably would have ended up with some rusted framed, nightmare if it wasn't for him!

I am super excited to spend some time here and look forward to meeting all of you soon.

If this didn't come together, I probably would have ended up with an perfect car from Josh at DPI. He has been super helpful also and if I had to guess, I'll be spending a bunch of money with him over the years.

Part of my decision of the 25k vs 45k was because of your advice. I "think" I am looking forward to the enjoyment of doing some work on this car and improving it.

ironically, I just got home from new orleans to find my fiat 500c under my son's lacrosse net (wind blew it over and put a big dent it.) I said to my wife " i am tired of this car anyway." She then said "would we get a replacement fun 3rd car." and I just said "I'll find something.." she has no idea I'll be picking this up 65 miles from my house over the next few days!

thanks again

tony c
    Congratulations, Tony!
    What a story behind this one....all and all we found it a home. (Looks like it's a good one ;-)

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Lol. On initial reading, I thought the wind had blown the Fiat over rather than the net.

Congrats also.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    3886

Club(s):   (DMA)

I just reread it and it basically does say that! funny. that's why I need a heavier car.

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Make sure you become familiar with Section S of the Workshop manual before operating your new DeLorean!

http://deloreanwiki.wikidot.com/wiki:section-s

Banned

My VIN:    1798

I was just looking at the auction page again and noticed the Q&A area - this one in particular stood out to me:

Q: hy from bavaria, germany. great car! a few questions: do you have a short video of this car? any underbody pictures? all "systems" and instruments running? something to do? regards, christian
    Not only was this car receiving a lot of inquiries (more than any of the other currently listed cars on eBay), but from interested overseas parties no less.

Not to toot my own horn any, but what the hell - did I call this or what?

Again - way to go Tony! You got there first
    Last edited by NightFlyer; 04-15-2014 at 03:22 AM.

nailed it.

nightflyer, you called it! within 2 min of you telling me to grab it, I did. I actually purchased it while in the plane on the way home from New Orleans! from you suggestion to my offer to his acceptance it was about 5 min!

love that in flight wifi...

tony c

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    Make sure you become familiar with Section S of the Workshop manual before operating your new DeLorean!

http://deloreanwiki.wikidot.com/wiki:section-s
    LOL
    I wonder what happened to the rest of it...I found some of it here:
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?21...orkshop-Manual

home and hot

so..I picked up the car yesterday morning and the condition was even better than I imagined. Truly amazing. looks like it just left the showroom floor. I did have to drive it 80 miles home, so the original Renault belts and missing steering bushing made for an interesting drive.

All went well until I shut it off at home. And then for the next hour or 2 I learned about the hot start problem! new accumulator is on the way..along with a bunch of other maintenance items.

I have another post about a minor shifting problem too...

thanks again

tony c

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5