FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: New door struts - black and stainless - Anyone interested?

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Not to throw a wrench in all this, but DeLoreanGO sells the full set for $160, and has stainless available as well. Grady sells sets at $140. What would be the differences between yet another supply of struts from the ones already on the market?
    -----Dan B.

Not a self styled 'Guru'

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    Not to throw a wrench in all this, but DeLoreanGO sells the full set for $160, and has stainless available as well. Grady sells sets at $140.
    The links for ease. FYI the DeLoreanGo struts include free worldwide shipping, the PJ Grady struts are plus shipping.

-DeLoreanGo Black Strut Set $159.99: https://www.deloreango.com/us/gas-struts-set.html - these are all black
    -DeLoreanGo Stainless Strut Set $289.99: https://www.deloreango.com/us/stainless-struts-set.html
    -PJ Grady Strut Set $138.95: https://pjgrady.com/product/lift-piston-set/ - these are black/silver as per the oem struts

What would be the differences between yet another supply of struts from the ones already on the market?
    Extra options are always good for us owners, if there a difference/improvement over the options which are already available on the market then go for it.
    DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
    The Future's DeLorean Club

Really this is what my questions was. What makes the OP's struts different or better than the others that are already out there?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeWard View Post

Extra options are always good for us owners, if there a difference/improvement over the options which are already available on the market then go for it.
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    6149 plus 2418, 3633, 5030, 17086

Not to throw a wrench in all this, but DeLoreanGO sells the full set for $160, and has stainless available as well. Grady sells sets at $140. What would be the differences between yet another supply of struts from the ones already on the market?
    Asking a legitimate question cannot be taken as throwing a wrench into it. I'm glad you asked...
    The main difference is... well... another supply. Choice is always good, right? Monopoly is not
    Another point is different manufacturer. I've seen their products and they are of very high quality.
    Yet another is the amazing damping which is their patented design, so no other manufacturer offers the same solution. Unfortunately this damping cannot be used for doors as those are too strong. Only louvers and hood.

Besides, I'm only asking if there is interest. If people want more choices from different manufacturers then I will make it happen. If the current supply is enough then no problem. I'm just trying to help the community.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeWard View Post
    FYI the DeLoreanGo struts include free worldwide shipping, the PJ Grady struts are plus shipping.

-DeLoreanGo Black Strut Set $159.99
    -DeLoreanGo Stainless Strut Set $289.99
    -PJ Grady Strut Set $138.95

My prices always include free worldwide shipping and are always nice round numbers (no .99 here).
    Mike is exactly right - extra options, more choices. More is better me thinks
    Greetings from Poland!
    Tom
    http://www.deloreana.com

Please excuse my typos... and watch this: Ben Champion - That Auto-Correct Song

Thank you, that is all I wondered was if this was something new and improved, etc. compared to what is out there, especially at the rate technology is advancing. I hope I did not come across as offensive, I too enjoy it when there are options with parts, not just one supply.
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    07000

Is this still an option that’s available?

My VIN:    6149 plus 2418, 3633, 5030, 17086

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    Is this still an option that’s available?
    Unfortunately no, the interest has died down now that the regular vendors have them in stock.
    Greetings from Poland!
    Tom
    http://www.deloreana.com

Please excuse my typos... and watch this: Ben Champion - That Auto-Correct Song

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16