FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 LastLast

Thread: Ask Bill about carbing a DeLorean and other K-Jet/Carb tangets

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by congerz83 View Post
    F The DML. I paid for the kit, it was intalled to Bill's specs and I'm sure he has my email. He should let ALL of his "customers" in on his new "carb forum". There's no excuse.

Why should I have to join another forum to get on Bill's e-mail list? I was introduced to him here, but his status on DMCTalk should have no bearing on this situation.
    Just to put this into perspective, Bill doesn't owe you jack s&*t. He is not a vendor, he is one person with a hack..er excuse me, home made modification that a few people bought into. You are on your own here just the same if you bought some sound system off some random guy on Craigslist. There is a trade off here, sure you got your car going for much less than fixing it right....Now maybe you are seeing that there is a downside of these kinds of mods.

Now just to clarify further, I don't know Bill personally, but I'm sure he will not leave you high and dry. He just doesn't strike me as that kind of guy.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I'm still trying to figure out what is wrong with his car. He could be having other issues such as ignition instead of fuel delivery.

Several of us have offered to help him in this thread and instead all he wants to do is bitch and moan.

Just because you have a new fuel system doesn't mean there can't be other problems in the engine bay.

My car ran like crap when I installed new spark plugs. I then gapped them correctly and everything was fine.

A friend of mine looked at the car before I discovered the spark plug problem and he was quick to blame the carburetor for flooding the engine.

My VIN:    SCEDT26T5BD06996

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Just to put this into perspective, Bill doesn't owe you jack s&*t. He is not a vendor, he is one person with a hack..er excuse me, home made modification that a few people bought into. You are on your own here just the same if you bought some sound system off some random guy on Craigslist. There is a trade off here, sure you got your car going for much less than fixing it right....Now maybe you are seeing that there is a downside of these kinds of mods.

Now just to clarify further, I don't know Bill personally, but I'm sure he will not leave you high and dry. He just doesn't strike me as that kind of guy.
    First of all, regarless of your opinion, i'll decide what I am owed! As far as me seeing a "downside", perhaps you should pay a bit more attention. I've been "objectively critical" about the conversion. They're pro's and cons I knew I'd face right from the beginning.

Also, this "fixing it right" comment is again, just an opinion.
    "He that hath a beard is more than a youth, and he that hath no beard is less than a man"
    - William Shakespeare

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by congerz83 View Post
    First of all, regarless of your opinion, i'll decide what I am owed!
    Actually Bill will be the one who decides what you are owed...and that's my point.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Just to put this into perspective, Bill doesn't owe you jack s&*t.
    You would have to know the agreement they made to say that though. Do you?
    Just asking...

He is not a vendor, he is one person with a hack..er excuse me, home made modification that a few people bought into. You are on your own here just the same if you bought some sound system off some random guy on Craigslist. There is a trade off here, sure you got your car going for much less than fixing it right....Now maybe you are seeing that there is a downside of these kinds of mods.
    Not my style, but I basically agree with this, subject to the above. I guarantee you there is more to that story, but it's not mine to tell...he's just sparing the forum the gory details...
    I think the point/question is- Doesn't a buyer at least deserve that explination (or clarification), if that be the case, from the seller?

..., I don't know Bill personally, but I'm sure he will not leave you high and dry. He just doesn't strike me as that kind of guy.
    I do. He did. He didn't me either...

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    all he wants to do is bitch and moan.
    Really? Just because I don't kneel at the pulpit, you describe my posts as bitching and moaning?

I have tried to remain very objective in my "review" of the set-up. I've kept it respectful and polite. There are a few here who know the WHOLE story, but again, I've decided to keep it "on the inside"....at least for now. I've asked for help here, and have received help. You in particular have been helpful, Steve. So has Farrar. So lets not start taking pot-shots.

As far as me diagnosing the problem, my conversion was done on a working K-Jet engine. It wasn't one that had been sitting around for 20 years. I drove the car all the time. I know how my car ran before, and I know what was different after the conversion. I know what caused these issues and it's not ignition. That doesn't mean I blame Bill or anyone else for that. I also fully admit if I had better knowledge of carburetors I'd be able to address this issue better. So the only person to blame for that is myself.

Again, objectivity has been my goal. Am I 100% satisfied with my conversion? No. Is it my fault? Yes. Can I get the carb to perform better with knowledge here and help from others? Yes.

They're may be more people that feel the way that I do about their conversion, but it seems this thread only attracts the carb disciples, and those who choose to criticize. I realize I'm generalizing, but that's my opinion. It feels like an objective voice is not allowed here without getting clobbered... or accused of "bitching and moaning".

There are also a few with K-Jet owners that are gracious to help me out with their knowledge of carburetors. (Ron comes to mind)

I just recieved Bill's e-mail this morning with info for the new site. I felt that because I haven't been proudly waving the CARB flag, I was being ommited from the URL. So Bill came through with that info in the end, and perhaps I may've been fired of too quick. I was not excluded, but I did recieve the e-mail after everyone else.

I have no personal problem with Bill whatsoever. He's been generous to me in many ways. But I'm not going to be doing "cart-wheels for carbs" until I feel totally satisfied. I feel that that is only fair.
    Last edited by congerz83; 02-11-2012 at 10:00 AM.
    "He that hath a beard is more than a youth, and he that hath no beard is less than a man"
    - William Shakespeare

Actually Bill will be the one who decides what you are owed...and that's my point.
    Since we're going to get semantic, i'll re-phrase to better explain MY point.

"I will be the one who decides what I feel I'm owed/entitled to"

It's purely my perspective. Just as it's yours, and probably others, to disagree with it.
    - William Shakespeare

...and to be totally fair. Bill DID provide an explination to why my e-mail was delayed. I realize I may ahve pulled the guns out too fast, and Steve is correct, I could've just reached out to Bill myself. It seemed to me I was being left out, and I would've sought an explanation down the road, I just thought I deserved to be included.

Sometimes my temper gets the best of me, and I can be a bit too "sensitive".

Also for the record, I have a very cynical personality. When it appears I'm complianing, sometimes it's just me being me. And again, I don't blame Bill for my car not running properly. It's not his fault, it's mine. When I complain, I just express that I'm not totally satisfied with my conversion. They're not an attacks on Bill or the "disciples". I do not agree with everything Bill says, but I have no imminent plans to make them public.
    Last edited by congerz83; 02-11-2012 at 11:39 AM.
    - William Shakespeare

With what you just wrote, combined with your avatar photo... I'm reminded of this little gem... Not the situation, just the temper and the beard... Love the beard btw.
    http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=gHNKriS1i14

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

LMFAO!

That link is a list, after the fact I spotted the one you meant.
    But the featured vid at the top is this (kinda fitting):

Last edited by Ron; 02-11-2012 at 01:22 PM.

Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 LastLast