FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77

Thread: Ask Bill about carbing a DeLorean and other K-Jet/Carb tangets

I continue to be amazed at how so many people refer to "Bill's mod" as if it was some kind of a "black box" that he developed in the dark of night and peddled to ignorant people.

Bill did not invent the carburetor. He did not develop a new type of carburetor or heavily modify an existing carburetor. He uses a standard Ford (OK, an Autolite for the sensitive carb owners) carb from the 2100 family. A simple device that has been around for many years on many cars. There are probably more people in my hometown that can adjust, tune, rebuild, etc a 2100 carb absolutely regardless of what vehicle it's bolted on than there are KJet experts in the entire country.

The only thing that Bill fabricated is the manifold, a simple "piece of metal" that either fits without vacuum leak or it doesn't and is quickly evaluated by Bill on his car before delivery. Everything else in the "conversion kit" are off the shelf parts from Autozone or somewhere gathered together simply for installation convenience.

If Bill disappeared tomorrow never to be heard from again it should have zero impact on carb owners. I would no sooner call Bill if my "fast idle" was suddenly too high than if the air was low in my right front tire.

As for the "right way" to fix/mod your car, that's a complicated question. I think the fact that "Bill's mod" is totally reversible back to KJet (or any other current or future fuel delivery system) makes much of this whole thing moot.

Lastly, for those of you with carbs or would like to know more about the experience I guess this thread is probably no longer useful. It is quickly becoming an attack/rebuttal thread. I would recommend the new forum that Bill has started. I understand that everyone is welcome and all topics are welcome.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I think I deleted Bill's email about the new cult forum. Does anyone have the url?
    http://dmcsouth.com

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    And with that I think this thread is done. Got a carb question? Start a new thread please.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77