FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: THE definitive specifications site/resource?

My VIN:    16882.

THE definitive specifications site/resource?

Where is the best place to find DeLorean specs., everything from what brake fluid to use, the diameter of the oil plug crush washer, part numbers, sizes, etc. I'm thinking something like this exists here on Talk, but I cannot find it I AM familiar with the following

http://www.dmc12.com/crossref.htm

but I'm not sure if this is the most accurate and complete list available? Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by Hokie; 04-10-2014 at 09:07 PM.

My VIN:    6125

I'm not sure if everything is assembled in one place, but you should be able to visit just a few websites and save all the tech info in a folder on your computer... parts manual, service manual, owners manual, etc. for part numbers and info.

I used this site to download PDF files of the parts manual that you can get for free. That will tell you just about every part number you need to know.
    http://www.dmcnews.com/techmain.htm.

All the tech bulletins are there as well, some of which contain revised torque specs and other info that supersedes the service manual.

Or just go to store.delorean.com and you can get the same information along with pricing.

The owners manual tells you all the fluids to use.
    http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/pdfs/ownmanr1.pdf

If you want to know alternative fluids such as what redline fluid might work for a manual trans then you're best off searching here.

Obscure stuff like what copper crush washers you'll probably have to find by searching the forum here, or just go to your favorite vendor and order some by name or part number. Often times they sell parts cheaper than crossover parts you might find at autozone or some other name brand parts retailer...Air filters for example are 9.38 from the DMC franchise vendors and AutoZone wanted 15 bucks. I replaced mine today and found that the crossover part that the PO had installed was actually a fuzz on the small size. It was able to wiggle around in the air box and the new part I bought from DMCMW was snug and sealed perfectly.

Same goes for oil filters and other consumables...I'm not sure why some people insist on finding crossover parts when they are readily available from just about every vendor. IMHO it's not worth it to save a few bucks and not know if a crossover part is actually compatible or just 'close enough'.

The one thing that I've found most difficult to find in the past is a good crossover list for hardware that shows what each nut/bolt size/length is for a given part number. The DMC store might say "M8 bolt" but other than actually removing the bolt and measuring you have no way of knowing how long it is or what the thread pitch is. Many suspension bolts you are best off just buying from a vendor but for little fasteners you might want to replace with stainless it would be nice to know what size the original bolts are without having to tear the car apart first.