FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "Game of Pawns" on Dicovery/Destination America - Featuring Delorean Time Machine

My VIN:    6313

Why would anyone take a bet for $2,500 on answering 3 questions that the other person gets to come up with? If the opponent gets the first question right, you make dang sure the second and third questions are a lot harder. The bet would always be in the asker's favor. Just another dumb show leveraging the brand value of something they had no part in creating, and without adding anything of value including entertainment.
    Jeff
    #6313 (lic: DMC-EV Texas), 25k miles, 100% leather, touchpad, 100% LED, dimmable LED dash, remote door lock & Elvis mod, all A/C vents in kneepads, wedgectomy, escutcheon velcro fix, GM door chimer, custom arm rest/storage/controls...

My VIN:    1505

Just a couple of my opinions/comments.
    It's TV it was staged.

The seller I think was http://www.motoexotica.com/ the car was at there location for sale for almost a year? Asking I think they were asking $85k?
    If you look at the sellers shirt/jacket you can tell its motoexoctica logo, the car also had there motoexoctica.com advertisement on the top of the windshield they kept trying to film around it. (3:47 in the youtube clip)
    Here is is on the website http://www.motoexotica.com/inventory...me_Machine.htm

Jay

Attention Whore

I had sold this car to a guy with an exotic car shop in California, he sold it at auction (for a profit) and this "Moto-Exotica" in Florida bought it
    and put a super high price tag on it of almost double... they have had it for sale for over a year.
    The guy who delivered the car on the show was just a salesman or maybe just the delivery guy, I don't know..
    it is obvious he doesn't know anything about the car or Back To The Future.
    I am just impressed that the car sold for $10K more than I sold it to the original owner for.
    However, I admit that this is not one of my best cars.
    My first 5 cars used some incorrect vents that I got from my friend Mark Shields.
    He had them manufactured by a fab shop but they were a bit off.
    I bought 4 sets of them from him.
    The vents on my first car came from Ken Kapilowski in Canada.
    It wasn't until my 6th car, (the AUCTION KINGS car) that we got the vents right.
    Those vents came from Joe Walser via Charles Bocock, they were replicated from the A car's vents.
    My engineer Chris CAD them exactly and we had them cut out by CNC router at my friends shop.
    Other upgrades were changes in the ways we did the resin casted parts, the additional wires, etc.
    Also, those older cars simply had an aluminum cover over the back window.
    We have decided we will no longer do things like that.
    I am no longer going to offer "discounted inaccurate cars" just to meet the buyers budget.
    These cars have my name on them and now I have competition as others have jumped on the band wagon
    to start building these cars after watching me build a dozen of them....
    I will only build the best that I can build if my name is going to be on it.
    The only exceptions I will make is the allowance of using an automatic as some people can
    not drive a stick. Also interior options... but those are Delorean specific and not about the props.
    I am very proud of the cars we are building now and business is great.
    Thanks!!!

Our son, Brian Roman, is the main character in the program. There were 8 episodes with the possibility of more to come. Very entertaining and very real in what it's like at the Pawn Shop except they really don't play "the game". Some of the skits, like the paint ball fight, are staged for the show but the tatoo Brian got was real. Scott Velvet, owner of the Celebrity Car Museum/Branson Pawn Shop, and Brian are the best of friends dating back to the late '80s when we all lived in Tennessee.

As for the DeLorean in the program, Scott obtains stock DeLoreans and sends them to a builder that transforms the car into the BTTF version. They do an incredible job but is quite costly. He auctions them off through the Branson Collector Car auction as was shown in the program which is held twice a year or will sell them from the museum. He auctioned one April 11th but did not sell. The bid was around $70K and I think he was hoping for over $80K.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2