FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: I'd say this isn't going to be fun...

I'd say this isn't going to be fun...

Okay, looks like I had a small "ground" issue. *Insert sad-face here*

Anyway, I have begun pulling all the relays from their homes (I marked everything so far) and I want to pull the small fuse holder box out, so I can continue on with the wiring. It looks like the fuse box is pop-riveted onto the metal box- is there any way to get them apart so I can get the wires apart underneath?

Thanks in advance...
    Attached Images

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by 250in5 View Post
    Okay, looks like I had a small "ground" issue. *Insert sad-face here*

Anyway, I have begun pulling all the relays from their homes (I marked everything so far) and I want to pull the small fuse holder box out, so I can continue on with the wiring. It looks like the fuse box is pop-riveted onto the metal box- is there any way to get them apart so I can get the wires apart underneath?

Thanks in advance...
    It is snapped to a couple of metal clips. Pull harder. It will lift off the metal housing.

This is what happens when someone puts a standard relay in the blue socket. Hence the "DO NOT INTERCHANGE RELAYS" sign on the compartment.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Thanks.

As far as the comment of "This is what happens when someone puts a standard relay in the blue socket. Hence the "DO NOT INTERCHANGE RELAYS" sign on the compartment", I did change out the RPM relay with Dave's unit and apparently it found a weak link in the grounds. I guess trying to fix problems can create more but I'll member your comment for future reference, trust me.