FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Game of Pawns" on Dicovery/Destination America - Featuring Delorean Time Machine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Attention Whore

"Game of Pawns" on Dicovery/Destination America - Featuring Delorean Time Machine

Attention Delorean fans!
    Check out the "GAME OF PAWNS" marathon all day Monday April 14th on DESTINATION AMERICA starting at noon eastern time! The second episode features my 5th Delorean Time Machine!!! This is a great show so check it out!!!

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/ga...t-the-show.htm

* Check your local listings for channel info, on DirecTV it's #286. game-of-pawns-dl-668x375.jpg

Attention Whore

So did ANYONE watch this?

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Nope - sorry.

My VIN:    3060

Looks like we're over you, Bob.

Attention Whore

"Game of Pawns" is a pawn shop based in Branson, MO with a reality show that combines shows like "Pawn Stars" and "Cash Cab" to make a unique game show where sellers have the chance to get more than they are asking for their items.
    In this, the second episode, the pawn shop is offered a Delorean Time Machine replica built by Bob's Prop Shop in Dallas Texas.

This car was Bob's 5th Time Machine replica.

Banned

My VIN:    1798

What a couple of ass clowns - if the car sucks so much, then whey did they buy one?

And then you wonder why people on this forum don't take interest in watching crap like this....

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I got 2 out of 3. No idea what his parents names were. But I own a DeLorean, not at TM. I would agree that if you are into the movie enough to own a TM then you should probably know all about the movie.

But as vb says, don't believe all you see on TV
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Even skipping through, it was hard to watch. Same ol same ol, just another prop car to prop up a fake reality show. Now to prepare myself for 2 months of "Hey, that car of yours start?"
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Attention Whore

I had sold this car to a guy with an exotic car shop in California, he sold it at auction (for a profit) and this "Moto-Exotica" in Florida bought it
    and put a super high price tag on it of almost double... they have had it for sale for over a year.
    The guy who delivered the car on the show was just a salesman or maybe just the delivery guy, I don't know..
    it is obvious he doesn't know anything about the car or Back To The Future.
    I am just impressed that the car sold for $10K more than I sold it to the original owner for.
    However, I admit that this is not one of my best cars.
    My first 5 cars used some incorrect vents that I got from my friend Mark Shields.
    He had them manufactured by a fab shop but they were a bit off.
    I bought 4 sets of them from him.
    The vents on my first car came from Ken Kapilowski in Canada.
    It wasn't until my 6th car, (the AUCTION KINGS car) that we got the vents right.
    Those vents came from Joe Walser via Charles Bocock, they were replicated from the A car's vents.
    My engineer Chris CAD them exactly and we had them cut out by CNC router at my friends shop.
    Other upgrades were changes in the ways we did the resin casted parts, the additional wires, etc.
    Also, those older cars simply had an aluminum cover over the back window.
    We have decided we will no longer do things like that.
    I am no longer going to offer "discounted inaccurate cars" just to meet the buyers budget.
    These cars have my name on them and now I have competition as others have jumped on the band wagon
    to start building these cars after watching me build a dozen of them....
    I will only build the best that I can build if my name is going to be on it.
    The only exceptions I will make is the allowance of using an automatic as some people can
    not drive a stick. Also interior options... but those are Delorean specific and not about the props.
    I am very proud of the cars we are building now and business is great.
    Thanks!!!

Our son, Brian Roman, is the main character in the program. There were 8 episodes with the possibility of more to come. Very entertaining and very real in what it's like at the Pawn Shop except they really don't play "the game". Some of the skits, like the paint ball fight, are staged for the show but the tatoo Brian got was real. Scott Velvet, owner of the Celebrity Car Museum/Branson Pawn Shop, and Brian are the best of friends dating back to the late '80s when we all lived in Tennessee.

As for the DeLorean in the program, Scott obtains stock DeLoreans and sends them to a builder that transforms the car into the BTTF version. They do an incredible job but is quite costly. He auctions them off through the Branson Collector Car auction as was shown in the program which is held twice a year or will sell them from the museum. He auctioned one April 11th but did not sell. The bid was around $70K and I think he was hoping for over $80K.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast