FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: tires - in the market, any leads?

My VIN:    11280

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

tires - in the market, any leads?

Greetings,

I had my DeLorean for about 10 years. I never replaced the tires and am not sure how long the previous owner had them. So...needless to say, with the cracks present on all the tires, I need new ones.

I had a good lead or two on tires and where to get decent ones for a good deal. I'm not overly concerned about accuracy or what not - just need tires for general to light use. Any help to on-line deals/experiences is appreciated.

My VIN:    First 700

This should help you:
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?72...hlight=matched

I find the Fuzions to be cheep and quite for normal road use. If you are looking for more performance then look into the Vrederstein's or go with something mismatched like Pirelli, Coopers, or Michelins.

Banned

My VIN:    1798

If you want cheap, there are plenty of Chinese made tires to choose from, although I personally wouldn't buy any of them. Steve Rice had a cheap set of Primewells on his car and suffered sidewall/tread separation for no reason other than the tire being cheap and of inferior quality / was defective.

Best values on the current market for something decent IMHO are the Cooper CS4, the Falken Ziex, the Fuzion Touring, the Kumho Solus KR21, the Nexen CP641 or N5000, or the Ohtsu FP7000. Anything cheaper than any of those, and you're asking for trouble IMHO.

Top of the line would be the Vredesteins, as previously mentioned.

My VIN:    02075

Club(s):   (DMA)

I just bought Falken Ziek 912's a couple weeks ago. I got them from the local TiresPLus store. They looked in their computer inventory to find P225/60R15 for the rear & said only 14 existed onhand in the database. They called 4 locations to find a pair to transfer. (FYI, the fronts were not a problem & still common)

The guy said that both P235 (stock) & P225 in the 60R15 size are disappearing from manufacturer lists in all brands. I don't know if I got some of the final few Falken Ziex 912 available for our cars or not, but at least TiresPlus was not going to have them in the future based on the sounds of it. Not sure if Falken is discontinuing the size or not.

DMC-CA cams & custom Flowmaster muffler
    1/4 mile time - 16.792s @ 81.45MPH

My VIN:    3305

I just bought Vredestein Sportrac 5 (225 and 195) and I can't wait to try them! Actually, I can't wait to try the whole car on the street but I had to buy new tires because the old Goodyears couldn't hold the air no more!

My VIN:    11280

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Thank you for all the information. I feel like I can make a better decision now. Time to get on line and see if I can find a decent deal

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I was in the market for tires as well when I got #3922 last December. The NCTs were bald. I found a shop in Las Vegas for Cooper Cobra GTs 195/60 R14, but I emailed them and they never replied. Might be worth a call for you.

I got Cooper Cobra GT 235/60 R15 for my rear from PMCTire in Canada. My friend Dave (sdg3205) gave me old Cooper GT for the front, which still had 80% life on them.

My VIN:    10722

I just installed a set of Falken Ziex ZE-912 on my Delorean this weekend. I replaced the original NCT tires after 33 years and 45,000 miles and could not believe the difference in better ride and reduced road noise - WOW!

Get a set from Summit Racing with free shipping!

http://www.summitracing.com/search?S...falken%20tires

Andy

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Toyo extenza is available in 225 rear and 195 front as well

Sent from phone
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

I also have the Falken Zeix 912's on my Delorean
    The Zeix 912 is also on my Civic (the second set of Falkens on it), and I have Falkens on my Jeep as well. I am obviously very happy with them.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast