FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Give for a Future

My VIN:    3695

Club(s):   (DCN)

Wink Give for a Future

Hi,

My name is Rob van der Veer. People may know me as the dude that got sick. I kind of survived and I decided to start a fundraiser for cancer research:

It's kinda BTTF related because when people see my car they always say 'hey, that's the car from back to the future!"

Facebook Banner.jpg

http://simplicate.info/give-for-a-future

I would like to receive photo's of DeLorean owners holding up the campaign logo, so I can show them on the Facebook page.Click on this link for a printable logo.

Thank you so much.
    Last edited by Tamir A.; 04-16-2014 at 04:03 PM. Reason: erased confusing language

I do apologize. The wording of my request was not right and i cannot change it any more. Anyway, i'm not asking for your money, i just would like a picture of owners holding up the logo in support. If possible i would like to use those images on my fundraiser page. Here's my own picture to show what i mean:

image.jpg

Thanks for understanding,
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by robvanderveer View Post
    Hi,

My name is Rob van der Veer. People may know me as the dude that got sick. I kind of survived and I decided to start a fundraiser for cancer research:

It's kinda BTTF related because when people see my car they always say 'hey, that's the car from back to the future!"

Facebook Banner.jpg

http://simplicate.info/give-for-a-future

I would like to receive photo's of DeLorean owners holding up the campaign logo, so I can show them on the Facebook page.Click on this link for a printable logo.

Thank you so much.

This is an excerpt from your site: .........I will not be showing pictures of bald people. Or little children in the bed with a bear.......

That is rude! If you, in fact are a survivor, then you should know better.

LEVY
    I would work extra hard at whatever I was doing to become so good at it and that I would never have to kiss anyone's fanny to keep my job. And I never have and I never will.

John Z. De Lorean

My VIN:    6313

Quote Originally Posted by LEVY View Post
    This is an excerpt from your site: .........I will not be showing pictures of bald people. Or little children in the bed with a bear.......

That is rude! If you, in fact are a survivor, then you should know better.

LEVY
    I think what Rob meant to say was that he would simply be concentrating on atypical images on his site (as compared to typical charity campaigns for the disease). Not rude, but rather just an easily mistaken turn of phrase. Rob's approach may have some credit to it as it will draw attention and people's notice - all good things for his charity aims.
    Jeff
    #6313 (lic: DMC-EV Texas), 25k miles, 100% leather, touchpad, 100% LED, dimmable LED dash, remote door lock & Elvis mod, all A/C vents in kneepads, wedgectomy, escutcheon velcro fix, GM door chimer, custom arm rest/storage/controls...

Quote Originally Posted by DrJeff View Post
    I think what Rob meant to say was that he would simply be concentrating on atypical images on his site (as compared to typical charity campaigns for the disease). Not rude, but rather just an easily mistaken turn of phrase. Rob's approach may have some credit to it as it will draw attention and people's notice - all good things for his charity aims.

Maybe he should revise his wording, people might get offended.

LEVY
    I would work extra hard at whatever I was doing to become so good at it and that I would never have to kiss anyone's fanny to keep my job. And I never have and I never will.

John Z. De Lorean

If you think what i wrote is rude, i will most cerainly change the wording! Please bear in mind that i am not a native speaker.

What i meant by that line was this: most fundraisers play on the theme to scare donors by showing pictures of sick people. Just like fundraisers for africa tend to show a hungry crying black kid with flies on his head burning away in the sun. I do not want to be like that. I am a survivor. Sick people do not want pity. They want to do something, instead waisting away in bed.

I will remove the sentence right away until i find a better wording.

Regards,
    Rob.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Give for a Future

Fwiw, Rob's first language is not English. He is Dutch, so while his English is very good, like all non- native speakers, sometimes nuances get mis-understood.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

I removed the sentence, in search of better wording. Thank you for pointing out a sensitive construct.

Quote Originally Posted by robvanderveer View Post
    I removed the sentence, in search of better wording. Thank you for pointing out a sensitive construct.
    No, thank you for understanding.

I work with handicapped people everyday, that is one of my business. You might not believe how you can hurt one person's feelings with just one innocent word.

English is my second language too!

LEVY

John Z. De Lorean

I do hope that all this didn't scare people away. I have just started this fundraiser, i'm worried now it started badly like this.

Rob
    Rob van der Veer

My mods? DeClock, keyless entry, Alpine audio setup, and much more.