FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: delorean mechanic in eastern pa or western NJ?

My VIN:    16823

Club(s):   (DMA)

Welcome! It appears there is no shortage of options in North Jersey, unfortunately for Philly or South Jersey folks like myself, the options are a lot more limited. If you find someone in the area who does good work, please share!

Quote Originally Posted by acaciolo View Post
    just getting my ducks in a row since I will soon be the proud owner of 1981 Delorean thanks to Knightflyer's help!

I plan on doing some work myself, but for specialty items, I'll need a good mechanic. I do have a close friend that runs a very good independent european service shop, but their experience with delorean's is of course 0. He can do basic stuff, but for specialty items, I'd like to find an expert.

Anybody know if any marginally close to the allentown, PA area? (we are one hour north of philly.)

thanks!

tony c
    Anthony

1983 DMC-12 VIN 16823
    2014 BMW M5

My VIN:    4245

There's a western NJ? I only know of north and south.

I met one old mechanic who did a lot of Volvos in the Philly area that led me to an abandoned DMC12. He has worked on KJet before but you probably have better options up north like PJ Grady.

My VIN:    2681

Tom Sweeney is a Delorean owner and owns and operates "Tom's Garage" in NJ. It's basically him and help from Marc Levy, and they work on Deloreans for other owners. Marc doesn't come on DMCtalk very often, but if you contact the Delorean Mid-Atlantic club via http://www.deloreanmidatlantic.com/ they can get you directly in touch with Tom and Marc. They've done extensive work a number of owner's cars in the region, including things such as completey frame replacements, AC work, engine customizations, you name it really. They can tackle and handle anything you give them, and cheaper than you can do the work at even the most reasonable of independant mechanics.

Also, just as a plug, our club's spring social is coming up on April 26th. Head to the website for details, but they will both be there if you want to talk to them in person as well. You should absolutely come!

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Quote Originally Posted by uhhair View Post
    You should absolutely come!
    That's what she said.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    3886

funny

thanks for the help. I am going to try to make it...

that's also what she said.

and she was from the western part of NJ. you should visit it is sometime.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2