FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: UBSCC - United British Sports Car Club 25th Annual Car Show May 18th

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

UBSCC - United British Sports Car Club 25th Annual Car Show May 18th

Hey everyone! Me again.

The UBSCC car show is right around the corner on May 18th in Dixon. Pre-registration closes on May 1st, so be sure to register now if you want to join! Last year we had three DeLoreans show up, which was enough to give us our own judging class. Our very own Stephen Ivie took first place, and with that honor comes the right to represent our marque in the Winner's Circle this year! I hope he can make it and that we will get a few others to join as well. This is a fun event with what has historically been a very respectful group in attendance. Lots of great cars to look at, especially if you're an Anglophile like me. Weather is usually outstanding and there are vendors, a swap meet, music, etc.

Check it out and be sure to post here if you are interested in joining! I'd like to know if I will have enough friends there to merit a judging class, or if I will be lumped in with the "British Specialty" martians again

http://www.ubscc.org/CarShow.htm
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    Hey everyone! Me again.

The UBSCC car show is right around the corner on May 18th in Dixon. Pre-registration closes on May 1st, so be sure to register now if you want to join! Last year we had three DeLoreans show up, which was enough to give us our own judging class. Our very own Stephen Ivie took first place, and with that honor comes the right to represent our marque in the Winner's Circle this year! I hope he can make it and that we will get a few others to join as well. This is a fun event with what has historically been a very respectful group in attendance. Lots of great cars to look at, especially if you're an Anglophile like me. Weather is usually outstanding and there are vendors, a swap meet, music, etc.

Check it out and be sure to post here if you are interested in joining! I'd like to know if I will have enough friends there to merit a judging class, or if I will be lumped in with the "British Specialty" martians again

http://www.ubscc.org/CarShow.htm

Hey John,

It looks like I should be abel to make this one. Will know soon. It's too bad I can't hang with you though. I'll be hobb nobbing (sp?) with the higher ups.

My VIN:    05457

I should be able to make it this year, but need to leave by 3:00 for another event. Will I be able to take home my 5th place trophy by then or will I be leaving too early?
    David Proehl

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    I should be able to make it this year, but need to leave by 3:00 for another event. Will I be able to take home my 5th place trophy by then or will I be leaving too early?
    They only give awards for top 3 in each class, so if we only get 3 cars we will all get one Last year Stephen took first, I took second and Brian in Sonoma took third. It's participant's choice, not a concours - so poise counts. If you bring all your props, you will certainly wow the punters and take top honors.

Yes - the awards ceremony is at 1:30 and people usually leave immediately after.
    Jon

My VIN:    05457

I'm officially paid up and registered. I'll be there!
    David Proehl

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by dmc3130 View Post
    Hey John,

It looks like I should be abel to make this one. Will know soon. It's too bad I can't hang with you though. I'll be hobb nobbing (sp?) with the higher ups.
    *hobnobbing I think

They are delicious btw
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Awesome! Up to 3

Yes, Hobnobs are tasty...
    Jon

Just checked in with the organizer. So far there are 2 DeLoreans registered, me and David P. Stephen - you have to get in there soon to lock up your place in the Class A judging category!

That said, David and I still need 1 more owner to register (besides Stephen) to get our class locked in - otherwise we are British Specialty and doomed to obscurity
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    Just checked in with the organizer. So far there are 2 DeLoreans registered, me and David P. Stephen - you have to get in there soon to lock up your place in the Class A judging category!

That said, David and I still need 1 more owner to register (besides Stephen) to get our class locked in - otherwise we are British Specialty and doomed to obscurity

I just registered via PayPal today. But I did not see a "Winners Circle" category. So I just entered the car and maybe they know what to do with it. If I need to do something different let me know.

My VIN:    05287

Sorry I can't make it this time, friend is turning 30 and having a party.... I tried to convince him we could have his party at the event but didn't work out!

I'll try and work on the car a bit that weekend in place of going.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast