FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Looking for a Delorean w/5sp Chicagoland area

Looking for a Delorean w/5sp Chicagoland area

Greetings,

I am a new member and am in the market to purchase any year DeLorean with a 5sp, prefer grey interior, but may take black. I have been a DeLorean enthusiast my whole life. Started in the mid 80's when BTTF was released. I remember my dad pointing out one sitting in a used BMW dealership in Rockford, IL in the late 80's and I was in total awe. To make things even better and fuel my desire, I had a friend that was a doctor during my high school years that owned a 82' with a 5sp and he used to let me wash, clean and detail the car a few times a year and in exchange for my services he used to let me take it out for a saturday night granted i promised not to get into trouble and return it the following day. It was a awesome experience. So with that being said, ive started my hunt for a car. I looked online at Midwest DMC but they seem quite limited on cars and rather high on prices. I know DMC in Florida have many more to choose from and would not cross that option out, but it would be swell to find one closer to me, even I accept the fact this may be unrealistic. With that being said I would spend somewhere in the mid $20k for a decent car. Im not looking for a stage 2 and lots of aftermarket accessories. Just a stock car in good shape with a frame that isnt rusted and that will make a dependable car to take to car shows and do a little bit of driving during the summer. I realize and accept the fact that they are finicky cars with quirks, but I am also a aircraft owner so I am used to high maintenence machines and am willing to take the time and patients and supply money to keep it road worthy. Any feedback good or bad or info would be greatly appreciated in regards to my search. Thank you in advance,

Dustin

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Welcome to the forum
    I hope you'll be able to find your dream car as soon as possible.

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Here are some that are within 300 miles of your location:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DeLorean-DMC...US_Cars_Trucks

https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/4410856221.html This car is just down the road from my house. I can either check it out for you or check it out with you, if you're serious. Just let me know.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...46504292&Log=0

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...42939708&Log=0

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

You have 2 great assets to help you find the right car - local owners and DMCMW. If you find a car you are serious about, see if a local owner can look at it with you. If you are ready to make a deal, consider asking the owner to meet you at DMC-MW (make an appointment) and have Dave look the car over and give you his assessment. It will need work, and Dave can give you some ideas what it needs. Someone will need to pay him to do that.

Even an inspection won't find everything, but a few minutes up on a lift, a look at the engine and relay compartments, and a thorough test drive will tell you a lot.

T

My VIN:    3886

Club(s):   (DMA)

search

dustin,

good luck on your search! you've come to the right place. about 2 weeks ago I posted a similar message, and because of the tremendous help from the people here, I am now driving a delorean!

nightflyer won't steer you wrong and his knowledge is amazing, don't buy anything without asking questions here first!

good luck.

tony c

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by dls1981dustin View Post
    Greetings,

I looked online at Midwest DMC but they seem quite limited on cars and rather high on prices.

Dustin
    Don't give up on us that easy - we just picked up a couple of cars, one is a 5-speed. If you are in the area please pay us a visit, and if nothing else we can help you out with what to look for (and run away from!).
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    Don't give up on us that easy - we just picked up a couple of cars, one is a 5-speed. If you are in the area please pay us a visit, and if nothing else we can help you out with what to look for (and run away from!).
    Dave and Julee are AWESOME!

My VIN:    16793

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

If I were stranded on a desert island, two of my three magic genie wishes would be a DeLorean, and then Dave & Julee. They can either assist you or just might have the car you want. Take advantage of such a great resource in your area.
    DeLorean VIN 16793 - 1983
    Loving my power steering!

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    Fair enough,

I have been wanting to visit for quite some time. Im away for work in the Quad Cities right now, but when I get back in a few weeks I would like to come up and meet you guys and see your place and talk.

Dustin

Private message sent sent.

Bruce Benson
    Last edited by delornut; 04-21-2014 at 10:56 AM.