FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SpecialTAuto/Gullwing Design AT Govenor

My VIN:    3639 (Sept 81-April 12, RIP), 1805

Club(s):   (DMA)

SpecialTAuto/Gullwing Design AT Govenor

Anyone have this unit? Any pros other than the install process? Any cons? My new AT governor crapped out already, and it did it while I was pulling into traffic, so I may get this one, to replace it, or to just have as a back up

My VIN:    03254

Quote Originally Posted by ydjk58 View Post
    Anyone have this unit? Any pros other than the install process? Any cons? My new AT governor crapped out already, and it did it while I was pulling into traffic, so I may get this one, to replace it, or to just have as a back up
    I don't have one but am using the board from this unit in my car.

In my opinion this is the best option for your problem. It isn't the only option as DMCH has their version as well. But I watched the designer/inventor of this unit install one on a car at DCS West in Vegas. Took them a little over an hour without having to lift the car or remove the old unit.

Dan

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Installed two of them to date with the customers being very happy with the results.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

My VIN:    16409

My new AT governor crapped out already, and it did it while I was pulling into traffic, so I may get this one, to replace it, or to just have as a back up
    Did you get one of the new digital units from Houston? I would call them to see if it's still under warranty. The new digital ones are supposed to be more reliable. If you just got your old one rebuilt, then I would believe that it could die so easily. One of my buddies in San Diego has the governor that Hervey sells (he doesn't make them). I like this unit because it includes LEDs so you can see what gear you are currently in.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

I have Jeff Angwin's AT computer and really like it. My installation is slightly different in that I mounted the housing in the ECU compartment behind the driver's seat. Also, Jeff was quite helpful when I had a few questions for him via e-mail during the installation. I give it two thumbs up!

Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I also have the Jeff unit, very pleased. I can also vouch for his customer service. Instructions are great and straightforward. I called him during the installation for one minor question, and left a voicemail. He called me back within 5 mins, and he was out of the country on vacation to answer my question! Buy the unit, you won't regret it.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    I have Jeff Angwin's AT computer
    isn't that what Hervey is selling?
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    isn't that what Hervey is selling?
    Yep, he's the seller I bought it from. It shipped directly from California, though.

FYI, John Hervey seems to be off the radar at the moment.

Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Yep, he's the seller I bought it from. It shipped directly from California, though.

FYI, John Hervey seems to be off the radar at the moment.

Farrar
    I love his new products but this is what stinks about doing business with him. Hopefully he is alright. I emailed him a few days ago and still haven't heard back from him.

My VIN:    3639 (Sept 81-April 12, RIP), 1805

Club(s):   (DMA)

So my car went back out to DPI, turns out it wasn't the governor, but rather since we installed a NOS transmission, and since it had been sitting around for 30 years, the pump on it wasn't working, and in turn it caused the spline shaft to snap.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast