FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Delorean performance industries

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

You mean Legend, right? I don't recall how much boost Legend engines were capable of. Yes, it has forged internals. Gotta leave a few surprises on the set-up, right? Besides, it is up to DPI to decide how much info they want out about the engine specifics before DCS. I trust Josh so much that I purchased the upgrade with virtually no specifics and having never seen, heard, nor driven a DeLorean with the upgrade.

interesting use of the K-jet manifold in a 3.0 engine! I guess you had to mount it with spacers.. maybe with machined inlet ports for the injectors
    Let us reply to ambition that it is she herself that gives us a taste for solitude.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

The engine is a bit unique:
    3.0 block with custom liners putting it back down to 2.9 (added thickness at the base of the liner is the reasoning)
    Forged pistons with new wrist pin size(floating) and custom rods (bushed instead of pressed)
    crankshaft is undersized on the rod journals with a big change made on the big end
    2.8 cylinder heads with valve sizes changed to correct factory over sized intake valves and under sized exhaust
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    00778 and Formerly 06770.

man...does this mean you don't have any more time to bang out some of Houston's "0 Availability" items??

If you and others can provide a complete accurate list of "0" items I will go through and take every one that my manufactures can produce without much input from me and get the ball rolling.

My VIN:    00778 and Formerly 06770.

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    If you and others can provide a complete accurate list of "0" items I will go through and take every one that my manufactures can produce without much input from me and get the ball rolling.
    What exactly are your limitations? Can you do interior pieces for instance? Or are we talking like metal things that could be done in SS much like your shift linkage?

I can have anything metal made in stainless. Most cases improving the design or simply copying the originals.

Someone with a opinion that I hold a lot of weight in commented that I have the drivetrain, chassis and "underneath" either in development and sorted. That it was time for me to focus on what people see top side to a higher level. I am ready to move into top side cosmetics.

A couple of new items in development and testing for example are automatic shifter cables that take care of the factory sealing issues and manual transmission cables with a custom anti wear feature at the common frame failure point.

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    I work 18 hours a day 7 days a week at DPI equaling out to on average over 120 hours a week.
    True story. Josh is a machine, and his work is killer. If you have to wait, get in line. He's about done with my car and has been doing a spectacular job for me, and has been in constant communication throughout the process. The more Deloreans that make it to DPI, the better.

My VIN:    15297

Ok Every one just drop the taco and step back and let the man do his thing.
    Josh is a breathe of fresh air to every one in this community. No one has been more innovative and honest to our community.
    Every time I have a discussion with Josh it is truly professional. I have owned my DMC for over 10 years. I call him first for parts and help. He has never let me down. In this day and age that is a rare commodity.
    A man can only do so much. Let the natural progression of his business evolve. We should be lucky to be able to enhance our cars from his innovations. Given the fact no one else has stepped up to the plate for our community. Sometimes the best things in life are worth waiting for. Believe me, the man's got what it takes. So lets all enjoy the fruits of Josh's mind and his talent. Let's all enjoy this journey.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast