FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Delorean performance industries

My VIN:    01067

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Delorean performance industries

I just wanted to thank Josh at DPI. I figure this is a good way to do it! I was having some nagging fuel delivery issues and a snarled transmission. Gunked up shifting at random times.
    I took the car to JOSH at DPI and he went above and beyond helping me with identified issues and even fixing some minor problems that I was unaware of.
    I picked the car up over the weekend and drove her over 600 miles(when I wouldnt even drive an hour in her before) to my home. She performed flawlessly and I am confident I could drive the car anywhere(providing I have a spare fuel pump and my tools) lol.
    Anyway, Josh is a dedicated Delorean mech and it was great to see someone that loves the car so much. BTW, his exhaust system sounds AMAZING!!!!!!!

My VIN:    5302

Well, he's gotta be doing something while he's not replying to emails and ignoring SEDOC.
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I agree that Josh at DPI does exceptional and high quality work. It is good to see others pleased with his detail of work. I had two spec one exhausts (one on each car) but decided to upgrade to twin press platform on one. Can't wait to see it completed, just in time for DCS, so I can share it with others. Derek, I think this is the wrong thread to hash out details of a tech event. He probably is busy with my project and a few others to be completed before DCS. You have a thread for that elsewhere. Leave this one for praise of work completed or soon to be completed. Carry on DPI, we appreciate your efforts.
    Last edited by Iznodmad; 04-21-2014 at 09:19 PM.

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Iznodmad View Post
    but decided to upgrade to twin press platform on one.
    What is a twin press? Just curious.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post
    What is a twin press? Just curious.
    Twin Turbo, I believe.
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

My VIN:    5302

I agree that Josh at DPI does exceptional and high quality work. It is good to see others pleased with his detail of work. I had two spec one exhausts (one on each car) but decided to upgrade to twin press platform on one. Can't wait to see it completed, just in time for DCS, so I can share it with others. Derek, I think this is the wrong thread to hash out details of a tech event. He probably is busy with my project and a few others to be completed before DCS. You have a thread for that elsewhere. Leave this one for praise of work completed or soon to be completed. Carry on DPI, we appreciate your efforts.
    I agree he has a great reputation of top notch work. That is why we wanted him and are in such disbelief that he doesn't have the courtesy to even communicate with us. If the schedule is too much, he could at least say so. You can have him.
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Officially to be unveiled at DCS, the ultimate twin turbo PRV that has been "modernized". Sorry I don't work for DPI, so I don't have official specifics. There is a little info on his website about it and I'm stepping up to the plate first. It is hard to handle the excitement over this project. I've always wanted turbos, but was less than thrilled with the older BAE and island TT options. This is lightyears ahead of that. Continued innovation and modernization of the DeLorean with quality DPI engineering. Everything else is so nice from DPI, why wouldn't this be, right?
    Last edited by Iznodmad; 04-21-2014 at 09:44 PM.

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Officially to be unveiled at DCS, the ultimate twin turbo PRV that has been "modernized". Sorry I don't work for DPI, so I don't have official specifics. There is a little info on his website about it and I'm stepping up to the plate first. It is hard to handle the excitement over this project. I've always wanted turbos, but was less than thrilled with the older BAE and island TT options. This is lightyears ahead of that. Continued innovation and modernization of the DeLorean with quality DPI engineering. Everything else is so nice from DPI, why wouldn't this be, right?
    Draw thru or blow thru?

I'm guessing that you have all high strength forged internals, otherwise you couldn't safely run more boost than the legacy kits offered.
    Last edited by NightFlyer; 04-21-2014 at 10:19 PM.

My VIN:    5311

Quote Originally Posted by DL4567 View Post
    Well, he's gotta be doing something while he's not replying to emails and ignoring SEDOC.
    Man, this is so disappointing. I know Josh does amazing work and he's a great guy, but I was really looking forward to A) him coming down to help work on our cars, and B) just meeting the guy because he's been such a nice person and amazing asset.

Honestly I hope he's okay and nothing bad is going on in his life. If all is well, then yeah it's upsetting that he's gone silent on us SEDOC folks.
    - Chris

what

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

I"m going to hit all topics in this thread. Full disclosure so take it for what it is. No excuse as over all it is my fault. I have fallen behind due to a massive over load of support from this community. It is nothing short of my fault for not being able to find the right staff to assist me. Unfortunately there is no way for me to convey my experience and knowledge to someone else in a timely matter. How many times have you been upset when you called somewhere and no one had the answers without asking around and getting back to you? As egotistical as this sounds everyone comes here for me. Nothing short of "are you the one that will be working on my car?" While this is a major compliment it is my greatest weakness. I apologize to Derek, Chris and anyone else I haven't gotten back to as I have been working in a closed spectrum of what is directly in front of me. I'm trying to do it all and getting about half of it done. Completed right for what is done but there is a lot left over else where. I apologize for not being better with planning responses.

I feel the need to openly explain how things work here. Those who contact me regularly by phone and text know this is how it is. I work 18 hours a day 7 days a week at DPI equaling out to on average over 120 hours a week. I sleep and run this business. There is no down time anymore. To answer directly all is not well. Due to what is listed above and a slew of unrelated things I am putting off and juggling not related to DPI. As always I am open to serious constructive suggestions that can assist with the non stop growing pains of this company.

On a happier note all of this insane commitment has paid off. Few pictures on my I phone of the SPEC II Twin turbo platform development.

and of course. Thanks Dan for the kind words. Always great to see you!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Delorean Industries; 04-21-2014 at 10:51 PM.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast