FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring SEDOC Tech & Social Days - Saturdays May 24 and 31, 2014 - Buford, GA

My VIN:    6410

PS kyle one way or another well have you a ride, lol.

My VIN:    3944

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Just got word my son made SOQ (Sailor of the Quarter) on his carrier and will be spending the extra liberty here over the 24th weekend. He was willing to ride along last time I asked, but ya know what they say about sailors
    Congrats to your Son! You must be extremely proud! I'm a Navy man myself, and I know what a huge accomplishment that is, especially on a big deck ship!
    David, Companion of 3944: 1981, Stage II engine, manual transmission, black interior, lined hood with no gas flap.

My VIN:    16893

So I've decided to hold off on the binnacle install. I'm hoping I exchange it as it doesn't look as nice as I had hoped. If you have followed the binnacle thread you'll know the details. The stuff I'm interested in working on on the 24th, time permitting are:

- drivers side window motor replacement
    - strut replacement, I got a kit for all of them as almost all of them are leaking
    - replace rivnuts on left luggage compartment strut mount. I have the rivnuts, but no tool or knowledge on how to install them
    - replace headlights, sounds easy, but many of the screws are stripped and I haven't had much luck getting them out.
    - replace rear view mirror
    - replace A pillar trim

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I may be interested in binacle. Pm me...

Quote Originally Posted by RammJaeger View Post
    So I've decided to hold off on the binnacle install. I'm hoping I exchange it as it doesn't look as nice as I had hoped. If you have followed the binnacle thread you'll know the details. The stuff I'm interested in working on on the 24th, time permitting are:

- strut replacement, I got a kit for all of them as almost all of them are leaking
    - replace rivnuts on left luggage compartment strut mount. I have the rivnuts, but no tool or knowledge on how to install them
    - replace headlights, sounds easy, but many of the screws are stripped and I haven't had much luck getting them out.
    - replace A pillar trim
    Soundkillr was here.

My VIN:    6524 & 1988 Lotus Esprit. Previously 10801 & 3772.

Quote Originally Posted by RammJaeger View Post

- replace A pillar trim

** A-pillar trim requires removal of the windshield and is quite a bit of work, I've replaced 3 of these and removed 5 windshields it cannot happen in a day at a tech session. **

make sure you get the 3m pad to attach the rearview mirror on to the windshield or else you will be replacing the windshield when you do your a-pillars.

Rivnuts require a special tool to install them, its kinda like a rivet gun, and I did not bring mine, nor will be able to make it the 24th.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

However, struts are easy
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    16893

Quote Originally Posted by Bikercmbc View Post
    ** A-pillar trim requires removal of the windshield and is quite a bit of work, I've replaced 3 of these and removed 5 windshields it cannot happen in a day at a tech session. **

make sure you get the 3m pad to attach the rearview mirror on to the windshield or else you will be replacing the windshield when you do your a-pillars.

Rivnuts require a special tool to install them, its kinda like a rivet gun, and I did not bring mine, nor will be able to make it the 24th.
    Wow you have to take the windshield out to do the A-pillar trim? Wow. Well sometime in the not so distant future I need to have the windshield taken out to fix the leaky seals around it, so that would be a good time to do that.

The rearview mirror is from DMCH and includes the 3M pad. Why would have have to replace my windshield?

Anyone else have a special tool for Rivnuts?

My VIN:    6524 & 1988 Lotus Esprit. Previously 10801 & 3772.

Yes, the glue (polyurethane) is what holds the windshield in and also keeps the water out. you actually have to support the roof when you are removing the windshield also.

the 3m pad must be used, if you use the rearview mirror glue the first big bump will crack your windshield, ask kirk in nashville, cause his PO did the glue and thats why I had to replace his windshield for him.

My VIN:    3944

May I join in on the fun? I'll be driving from Norfolk down the Georgia that weekend. I can bring pizza!
    David, Companion of 3944: 1981, Stage II engine, manual transmission, black interior, lined hood with no gas flap.

My VIN:    5302

Quote Originally Posted by David_NYS View Post
    May I join in on the fun? I'll be driving from Norfolk down the Georgia that weekend. I can bring pizza!
    Of course! The 24th or 31st?
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast