FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Spring SEDOC Tech & Social Days - Saturdays May 24 and 31, 2014 - Buford, GA

My VIN:    SCEDT26T3BD006009

Tomorrow

My DMC Friends. I'm not one to rant on these type of sites, but I will in a minute ... Because the gross lack of concern for the Customer and their crappy internal communication and broken promise, I'm not able to attend tomorrow.

who am I speaking of you ask? DMC of Houston. I will start by saying my communication with JEFF in Houston was real good. I ordered a bunch of parts about $300 - to include some internal transition parts, ordered it with 3 day delivery ... They called me advising of one BO'ed part, in the end I said that's fine, ship what you got - 10 days ago. The plan was for all parts to get to my house this week so I could get the transition back up and be ready for the tech session.

Fast forward to yesterday, I get a call, "um, do you still want us to ship the order with 3 day delivery?" ARE YOU F'ing kidding me?

They claim the guy went on vacation and they were too busy to ship it. ARE YOU F'ing kidding me?

I have purchased spring kits, stage 3 motor, stainless exhaust, Nology ignition etc. 20k+. They SUCK, and I'm pissed I'll miss you guys tomorrow.

Jeff Green
    678-822-3070

Ps: I've been out of town for 14 days.
    Last edited by Jagreen; 05-30-2014 at 03:57 PM.

/[_][_]==DMC==[_][_]\ Freaky Beetle's Avatar

My VIN:    2812

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I would say come anyway! Even if you don't have anything to work on, we still have fun. I order almost everything directly from Dave & Julee now and have had exceptional customer service every single time.
    Jai Johnston1981 DMC-12 : 2812 : Black Interior : Automatic
    2012 Beetle Turbo
    1998 Widebody New Beetle
    1968 Beetle (Under Restoration)

My VIN:    5302

That sucks Jeff, sorry to hear. I've seen the backordered-item-holding-up-an-entire-order situation before in several businesses. That's frustrating especially when you tell them to ship the rest. But I agree with Jai 100%, come on out anyway, even if you drive a different vehicle or don't have parts to install. There's plenty of socializing going on, while watching and learning from the masters while they do their stuff, (in between fetching tools and lending a hand of course ).
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

My VIN:    5311

Firstly, I'd have raised hell and insist they overnight the stuff. That's super unfortunate. Second, I agree with Jai. Come on down anyway.

I will be bringing a nice varied supply of tools, many of which I'd noted to be unavailable last weekend. Some will be necessary for my exhaust work, all will be available to those who need their use.
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    5302

Oh, forgot to mention.... my grill broke last weekend (just barely finished the lunch for the tech session), so I hope everyone's cool with ordering pizza tomorrow.
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

My VIN:    3944

Quote Originally Posted by RammJaeger View Post
    Can someone PM me Derek's address for the meetup? I don't think I have it saved anywhere. Thanks.
    Hey guys, second that! Of someone could PM me with the bat-time and bat-place, I would appreciate it. Things have been kinda hectic lately, and I haven't been on here in about a few days.

David
    David, Companion of 3944: 1981, Stage II engine, manual transmission, black interior, lined hood with no gas flap.

My VIN:    1623

I've had a slight change of plans for tomorrow - I will be there after lunch, but without the DeLorean. I'll just be there to help, watch, chat, point & laugh, etc.

My VIN:    6410

I feel that today was very successful, especially with getting Chris's exhaust done and with some of the weird fit issues that we ran into on getting it installed. Had a blast and enjoyed hanging out with everyone! Cant wait for the next one!

My VIN:    3944

Quote Originally Posted by davidrucker11387 View Post
    I feel that today was very successful, especially with getting Chris's exhaust done and with some of the weird fit issues that we ran into on getting it installed. Had a blast and enjoyed hanging out with everyone! Cant wait for the next one!
    My apologies to all; I wasn't able to make it. There were some unforeseen circumstances, including some awful weather, that prevented me from making it today. Just moved back to Georgia today. I was really looking forward to meeting you all.

Sounds like you had a very productive day though! Hope this doesn't spoil my chances meeting the group!
    David, Companion of 3944: 1981, Stage II engine, manual transmission, black interior, lined hood with no gas flap.

My VIN:    6410

Na no big deal there were a few that didn't make it, it won't be the last gathering.

Derek remember to post pics when you get a chance.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast