FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Spring SEDOC Tech & Social Days - Saturdays May 24 and 31, 2014 - Buford, GA

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Man, super big thanks to everyone (ESPECIALLY Kyle) that helped me get that exhaust installed. I very literally couldn't have done it without you guys.
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    5302

Saturday the 31st was awesome, yet again. This was such a blast guys, I had so much fun. Replacing Chris' exhaust was the biggest job I've ever seen done at a tech day, ever. Kyle is THE MAN -- he worked very hard to get it done and got all the old studs out without any problems, and overcame any hiccups of fitment issues/couple missing pieces, like a champ. In fact, he said he wants to replace everyone's exhaust, and is eager to do it again as soon as possible...... wait…. hold on, I may have that wrong.... hahahaha. But it was great to see a master in action. We all learned a thing or two.

It was nice to meet newcomer Doug and his son Ezra, who if I remember correctly have had their DeLorean for about 6 months now. Doug's professional car expertise showed very quickly in addition to being a really great guy.

Thanks to Ben also for bringing his classic Mustang -- very cool car and it was great to catch up as it's been way too long. And cheers to you guys who traveled so far to get here from TN and north GA, it wouldn't be the same without you. I'm glad Jai got to work on his brakes -- kudos for bringing work along even if it's sans car.

Again, HUGE thanks to everyone for coming out (sorry some were not able to make it) and I hope to see all of you next time, wherever and whenever it may be.

Doug and Ezra show off their new toy:

Ben showing Doug, Ezra, and Jai all the goodies under the hood:

Chris replacing tie-rod ends and boots:

Jai's brakes look great and they're gonna work better than new:

Chris' old exhaust for reference -- no, that's not his real license plate :

Getting into the big job:

After many hours, old exhaust is out (damn those manifolds are HEAVY):

New and shiny - mmmmmmm:

How many arms and wrenches does it take? A *bunch*, hehe:

Reminder of BEFORE:

And the glorious result of all that work. Chris left beaming happy -- the sound is great and no more leak!
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

/[_][_]==DMC==[_][_]\ Freaky Beetle's Avatar

My VIN:    2812

Derek, That has got to be the best Tech Day summary I have ever seen! It was great fun as always. I just wish I cod have stayed to see and hear the new exhaust!
    Jai Johnston1981 DMC-12 : 2812 : Black Interior : Automatic
    2012 Beetle Turbo
    1998 Widebody New Beetle
    1968 Beetle (Under Restoration)

Quote Originally Posted by DL4567 View Post
    Kyle is THE MAN -- he worked very hard to get it done
    Understatement of the century.
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    6524 & 1988 Lotus Esprit. Previously 10801 & 3772.

It was a fun filled day, hand are a little cut up but nothing out of the ordinary when working on cars. glad we finally got your exhaust done, I know you have been waiting patiently for that for a long time. I would just suggest getting some insulation wrap for those wires near the exhaust headers. how did your car drive on the way home? feel any peppier?

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Really nice exhaust system

My VIN:    6125

Looks like a fun couple of tech sessions you guys had. I'm in awe of how beautiful that workspace is. Quite the step up from the cement floor with a sheet of cardboard and a few jack stands that I'm used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikercmbc View Post
    It was a fun filled day, hand are a little cut up but nothing out of the ordinary when working on cars. glad we finally got your exhaust done, I know you have been waiting patiently for that for a long time. I would just suggest getting some insulation wrap for those wires near the exhaust headers. how did your car drive on the way home? feel any peppier?
    Yeah, I'm probably going to look at wrapping those wires and also grind down that bracket a bit. (The one right near the alternator belt.)

Car drove well on the way home. I mean I guess it felt a TINY bit more responsive but I'm chalking that up to my imagination.
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    6410

How far off was your alignment?

It actually wasn't too bad at all. The wheel was only slightly too far to the left to keep the car straight and control was not an issue at all.

Of course I got an alignment right away on my way home that day and everything is good to go.
    - Chris

what

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast