FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Door finishers... where do they go?

My VIN:    3937

Door finishers... where do they go?

http://store.delorean.com/p-9448-door-finisher-lh.aspx

Can someone show me where these go or what they are? I saw a pair of them on the kits page and they are on the 8-4-0 page individually.

Are they decals/stickers to cover up the door frame, or the door itself? Were they factory parts originally? I can't think of where they would be on my car so don't think I have them.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    01279

door finishers (ebay)

So Jorge, this photo from that eBay ad... is this basically showing me where they are supposed to go?

Door finishers.jpg

I'll admit I don't seem to have a single photo of my car looking at the inside of the door this way. Can't quite visualize it and will run out to the garage for a look.

Seems like it covers up a bit of the exposed stainless to make the interior colouring extended? Is it just the rear edge of the doors that get these or front side too?

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

IMG_9094 (640x480) (2).jpg

With the panel on.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Thanks Dave and Jorge. I think I know why I didn't originally know where these went. My driver's door doesn't have one yet my passenger door does. Just never occurred to me something was missing. It makes sense now that I look at it. On the driver's door, you can see the outline of where the previous one was. And there's a hole drilled in the stainless for something that didn't get used that this finisher would cover. Likely a similar one on the passenger side that is covered. Looks like the never-to-be-completed "next order" list just got another item added to it. 7 years and counting and I'm still learning about these silly cars