FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 1976 DeLorean (PROTO-1) For Sale - SOLD

My VIN:    5102, 11289

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

1976 DeLorean (PROTO-1) For Sale - SOLD

This is a unique opportunity to say the least! I was recently approached by Cliff Schmucker's executrix to help her find a new home for Prototype 1. This is the car that launched the dream for all of us.

This prototype represents John DeLorean's criteria for an "ethical sports car" as executed by Giorgetto Giugiaro's design team and Bill Collin's engineering team. It bears only a passing resemblance to the production cars. This is due to Giugiaro having refreshed the aging styling of the prototype prior to the production car tooling being made. Bill Collin's departure from the company and the subsequent hiring of Lotus to do the engineering work on the production cars completely changed the cars inner workings as well.

Proto-1 has been widely photographed, appearing on the covers of all the national and international car magazines, on promotional materials from the original DeLorean Motor Company, and was taken around the country in the late seveties and early eighties to motivate investors and dealers to sign on.

Features of this car include:

• Unique stainless steel body styling
    • 4 cylinder mid-mounted Citroen engine
    • 4-speed manual gearbox
    • Unique caramel colored leather interior
    • Sliding glass door windows
    • Rear-hinged bonnet & engine covers
    • Unique chassis and body construction
    • Highly instrumented dashboard
    • Consideration for airbags

The car was recently restored by DMC Florida and the stainless steel was regrained by Chris Nicholson. It is immaculate inside and out and is in excellent running condition. It has been kept in a heated/air-conditioned building since it was moved to Ohio from Florida.

UPDATE - CAR IS OFFICIALLY SOLD TO TONY IN DMC FLORIDA.

-Josh

Attached Images

My VIN:    10442

Club(s):   (PNDC)

You can see some footage of this vehicle on a video I found on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR4F9Krgwjs

I think the interior color looks horrendous - but, then again, it was the 1970s - and the first-build of a new car model...

My VIN:    3028

Quote Originally Posted by beernpizzalover View Post
    You can see some footage of this vehicle on a video I found on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR4F9Krgwjs

I think the interior color looks horrendous - but, then again, it was the 1970s - and the first-build of a new car model...
    I beg to differ I love everything about this car, colour included. The price however...ouch.
    Barry

My VIN:    891, 1045

Maybe I never looked that closely before but that's the most unusual bolt pattern I've ever seen on the rear wheels.
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

My VIN:    3501

Club(s):   (DMA)

There was a video floating around of Tony from DMC Florida driving this around a bit. For the life of me I cannot find it anywhere. Doesn't anyone know what I'm talking about?

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by eagle-co94 View Post
    Maybe I never looked that closely before but that's the most unusual bolt pattern I've ever seen on the rear wheels.
    There's nothing weird about it except that the front wheels have 4 lug nuts and the rears have 5 lug nuts. There's a story about them looking at a photo on the wall admiring it, when one of the office admins said something along the lines of "what about the spare tire?"

My VIN:    3501

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    There's nothing weird about it except that the front wheels have 4 lug nuts and the rears have 5 lug nuts. There's a story about them looking at a photo on the wall admiring it, when one of the office admins said something along the lines of "what about the spare tire?"

It is a very valid question! LOL

My VIN:    02378 & 15500 - Previous owner of 4363, 5319, 5692, 10246, 01924, 04389, 03133, 11408, 10989

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Mileage

Not that it matters much but what's the mileage on the car?
    Kirk

My VIN:    4 Seater DMC24

Quote Originally Posted by nofear365 View Post
    There was a video floating around of Tony from DMC Florida driving this around a bit. For the life of me I cannot find it anywhere. Doesn't anyone know what I'm talking about?
    It used to be on the delorean owners association page, under Media -> Videos:

http://www.deloreanowners.org/index....1GQl0%2CXEern7

no longer there though....

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

This belongs to a museum! And really hope a museum invests in it.

I would hate to see it catch engine fire in a highway or get hit by an SUV driven by a Trixie chick... or be made into the Proto-1 BTTF replica!
    This vehicle is by far more worth than the asking price!!
    I am a bit short of cash but I would buy it!!!

SORRY MODS n ADMINS for chatting in this thread but this is nothing like any other for sale thread and I would allow bending the rule a bit!
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast