FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 1976 DeLorean (PROTO-1) For Sale - SOLD

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
    This belongs to a museum! And really hope a museum invests in it.

I would hate to see it catch engine fire in a highway or get hit by an SUV driven by a Trixie chick... or be made into the Proto-1 BTTF replica!
    This vehicle is by far more worth than the asking price!!
    I am a bit short of cash but I would buy it!!!

SORRY MODS n ADMINS for chatting in this thread but this is nothing like any other for sale thread and I would allow bending the rule a bit!
    Agreed. It should be in a museum.
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

My VIN:    5312, (860 sold)

Quote Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
    This belongs to a museum! And really hope a museum invests in it.

I would hate to see it catch engine fire in a highway or get hit by an SUV driven by a Trixie chick... or be made into the Proto-1 BTTF replica!
    This vehicle is by far more worth than the asking price!!
    I am a bit short of cash but I would buy it!!!

SORRY MODS n ADMINS for chatting in this thread but this is nothing like any other for sale thread and I would allow bending the rule a bit!
    I have to agree, I think the price is totally fare for what it is. It needs to go to Barrett Jackson or a museum!

My VIN:    5302

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by nofear365 View Post
    There was a video floating around of Tony from DMC Florida driving this around a bit. For the life of me I cannot find it anywhere. Doesn't anyone know what I'm talking about?
    It's not much, but I posted this video a couple years ago of Tony driving it at DCS 2006 in Chicago with Kathryn riding passenger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4kKaiJPsKw
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

My VIN:    4267

Club(s):  

I wanna see this beast before I die.

edit: and maybe touch it a little

1-800-273-8255

My VIN:    05141

This car gave me the final push to go to DCS in Orlando. It is a car you have to see. I was very fortunate to be at the right place at the right time, because Tony allowed me to sit in it and he took my picture. Unfortunately in the poor light with a cell phone the picture is poor in qulaity, but I sat in it! This combined to a drive on the test track in Dunmurry with my Delorean are the most memorable in my Delorean history.
    The day after I have been staring at it for over an hour, I thought it was very impressive.

I can only hope that it will not end up at a private collector, but at a museum.

Jan

Steering with power

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

As we aren't really supposed to make this a discussion thread, I thought I'd open a new one that we can go crazy in, and leave this one just for the sale of the car, with any directly related questions

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?96...332#post141332

some great interior pictures too.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse: "I thought Tony had first dibs to buy it back, but I guess he passed on the opportunity"

I still have first right on the car, I made my fair offer to buy it back, they are looking for more.

My deal with Cliff was solely to protect the car, any real offer they get, I have to match or pass on.

I only want to protect the car and keep it accessible for the DeLorean community.

Tony

My VIN:    4267

Club(s):  

Quote Originally Posted by DMCFL Tony View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse: "I thought Tony had first dibs to buy it back, but I guess he passed on the opportunity"

I still have first right on the car, I made my fair offer to buy it back, they are looking for more.

My deal with Cliff was solely to protect the car, any real offer they get, I have to match or pass on.

I only want to protect the car and keep it accessible for the DeLorean community.

Tony
    I'm sure I speak for a lot of people when I say thank you for restoring the car and making it public prior to this - I remember when it first surfaced and the 'after' photos were phenomenal.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by matt clark View Post
    I'm sure I speak for a lot of people when I say thank you for restoring the car and making it public prior to this - I remember when it first surfaced and the 'after' photos were phenomenal.
    Speaking of which, are there any links to the "before" photos?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast