FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 1976 DeLorean (PROTO-1) For Sale - SOLD

My VIN:    02378 & 15500 - Previous owner of 4363, 5319, 5692, 10246, 01924, 04389, 03133, 11408, 10989

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Speaking of which, are there any links to the "before" photos?
    Here's one I took when Tony first got the car (prior to restoration). This was at his original DMC FL location.
    Attached Images
    Kirk

My VIN:    3299

As this is a very unique vehicle, the discussion here was going to continue - until a discussion was created for it over in the General DeLorean Discussion. Either way, it's cool - I understand everyone's desire to discuss this extraordinary DeLorean. Everyone, go ahead and continue the discussion in the new thread:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?96...cussion-Thread

Anyone who is interested in purchasing the Prototype DeLorean, go ahead and post as per the rules.
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

I was lucky enough to be shown this car when it was in DMC Florida and it is VERY clean. As a development mule, there is no other to compare it to but its safe to say that based on condition and historical significance, its well worth the $$$.

While it does deserve to be shown to the public, I'd rather see it in the hands of an individual thats active in our community so that it will get driven and cared for properly. Museum cars often simply get dusted off and never travel to specialty shows.

I don't want to be part of the Human race Roman Legion's Avatar

My VIN:    VIN in progress.

Club(s):   (DCVA) (LVDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1cWpcfpcKM

My VIN:    5102, 11289

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Proto-1 has been sold, 2JZ and parts still available!

Thank you to everyone who responded with an interest in purchasing Proto-1 from the Schmucker family. It, along with Pilot-21 have been sold to a buyer who wishes to remain anonymous.

The Schmuckers still have the Nissan powered DeLorean for sale, as well as a veritable mountain of parts. If you need anything, let me know. I can share a list of the parts available to anyone interested.

Best,
    Josh

Thank you Josh,

Now that the all the dust has settled, I am pleased to announce that DMC-Florida has purchased the cars with the intent of keeping Prototype #1 long term.

The car will be on display in our Bonita Springs Showroom and the center piece of our 10th Anniversary Open House Saturday March 21st 2015.

Although the car is in the showroom, it is clearly labeled " For Display Only - Not For Sale"

I encourage all DeLorean Owners and enthusiasts who have not seen the car in person to make the trip when you can.

Best Regards,

Tony Ierardi

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCFL Tony View Post
    I am pleased to announce that DMC-Florida has purchased the cars with the intent of keeping Prototype #1 long term.
    This is such excellent news! Next time I am in Florida I hope to make the pilgrimage! Thanks, Tony, for keeping this vehicle available to see in person!
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    1150

Club(s):   (DCF)

So glad to know the news is out now. Yes, I can keep a secret when I have to, but it's MUCH more fun now that I can TELL people!

Of all the people who might have acquired Proto 1, I am so glad it's back with DMCFL and Tony! It just feels right to me. I hope I can make an excuse to go see it again.
    Aka Adam S, aka Adam Wright
    1981 DMC-12 #3416, mothballed in preparation for motor swap
    2006 Volvo S60R

My VIN:    5757

Will we see pics in its new display setting?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast