FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: New ignition ECU

My VIN:    03572

New ignition ECU

No....not starting this yet (I'm burnt out). But was just thinking. Set your base ignition timing to 16 or 20 degrees and the ignition ECU would add a delay (RPM dependant) to bring the timing back to standard 12 degrees. Then have switch to select more advance with an adjustable setting from 12 to 20 degrees.

That way I could switch the more advance when I select my richer POWER mode.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    No....not starting this yet (I'm burnt out). But was just thinking. Set your base ignition timing to 16 or 20 degrees and the ignition ECU would add a delay (RPM dependant) to bring the timing back to standard 12 degrees. Then have switch to select more advance with an adjustable setting from 12 to 20 degrees.

That way I could switch the more advance when I select my richer POWER mode.
    more details on your power/economy switch?

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by DeloreanJoshQ View Post
    more details on your power/economy switch?
    It was described in the old forum.

I run a wideband (Innovate LC-1) in my car. It has two analog outputs which I can program to two different AFRs. So I can switch which analog output I feed into the lambda ECU. One is set to the standard 14.7 AFR (ECONOMY). The other is set to 13.2 AFR (POWER).
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/