FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Is there a cross reference for the 12mm fuel banjo bolts?

My VIN:    2848

Is there a cross reference for the 12mm fuel banjo bolts?

I've got the car 95 percent put back together and I busted a single banjo bolt. Does anyone know a cross reference bolt so i can go down to AutoZone and buy a bolt? I found this thread but not sure if it ended up working. http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?81...ght=banjo+bolt

I hate to have to order one lone bolt from a delorean vendor. Any help appreciated.

Sorry, I believe it's a 8mm banjo bolt. Delorean part #102343
    Last edited by Totally 80s; 04-27-2014 at 02:29 PM.
    -Alex
    We work jobs we hate, to buy shit we don't need, to impress people we don't even like.

My VIN:    16409

Quote Originally Posted by Totally 80s View Post
    I've got the car 95 percent put back together and I busted a single banjo bolt. Does anyone know a cross reference bolt so i can go down to AutoZone and buy a bolt? I found this thread but not sure if it ended up working. http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?81...ght=banjo+bolt

I hate to have to order one lone bolt from a delorean vendor. Any help appreciated.

Sorry, I believe it's a 8mm banjo bolt. Delorean part #102343
    Go to a junk yard and find an old Mercedes or Volvo with K-Jet. You should be able to get the fuel bolt you need.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    Go to a junk yard and find an old Mercedes or Volvo with K-Jet. You should be able to get the fuel bolt you need.
    That sounds like even more work than ordering a single bolt. Plus I think the nearest junkyard is an hour away. I appreciate the idea though. Weird that a bolt would be this hard to get.
    -Alex
    We work jobs we hate, to buy shit we don't need, to impress people we don't even like.

My VIN:    05457

Just order it. I did the same thing when I replaced my fuel lines. I spent 2x on shipping as what I paid for the bolt, but didn't have much choice. These aren't readily available anywhere but a vendor.
    David Proehl

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    Just order it. I did the same thing when I replaced my fuel lines. I spent 2x on shipping as what I paid for the bolt, but didn't have much choice. These aren't readily available anywhere but a vendor.
    +1

Support your local vendor

There has got to be something else you need anyway that'll offset the cost of shipping a single banjo bolt. Buy some spare oil/air filters, belts, etc.

Builder of the first Delorean Time Machine

My VIN:    2072

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

www.voluparts.com has them, but that probably won't help you unless you're in or near Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    +1

Support your local vendor

There has got to be something else you need anyway that'll offset the cost of shipping a single banjo bolt. Buy some spare oil/air filters, belts, etc.
    Nope, just spent over $300 from two different vendors, don't need nothing but a bolt. I ordered the bolt but I also called Toyota to order one of those bolts to see if they will work in a pinch. I was curious since we never heard back from him.
    -Alex

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Totally 80s View Post
    Nope, just spent over $300 from two different vendors, don't need nothing but a bolt. I ordered the bolt but I also called Toyota to order one of those bolts to see if they will work in a pinch. I was curious since we never heard back from him.
    Find some small foreign car shop that works on old Porches/Volvos/BMWs etc.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

A local BMW dealer may have what you need. The E24 6-Series and a few other Bimmers used K-Jet. I was in a similar pinch last spring and the dealer had 11mm and 12mm banjos on hand. Good Luck
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6