FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Frame and stuff

My VIN:    747, Rally D, formally 10309, Marty Mcfly 85 Toyota, 2004 Mach 1

Frame and stuff

So I have the frame, motor and body left off 712.
    Car had 23k miles on it.
    Motor turns. Frame I would like to sell as a rolling frame. At some point the bottom of the frame was coated in what looks like rhino lining. The frame looks straight with no rust on 99% of it's surface. The only rust I found is on the drivers side where the gas tank holding plate attaches to the frame. Other than that it's in great shape. The tub has both vin plates still attached and will come with the clean accident free title.
    I would like to get 4k obo for the motor. 6k obo for the frame and 3k obo for the tub.
    photo_5 (2).jpgphoto_5 (3).jpgphoto_4 (1).jpgphoto_4 (3).jpgphoto_4 (4).jpgphoto_2 (5).jpgphoto_3 (1).jpgphoto_2 (3).jpgphoto_2 (4).jpgphoto_1 (3).jpgphoto_1 (4).jpgphoto_1 (5).jpg

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Truthfully, those vin plates are probably worth a lot to the right person. Especially someone with a salvage title or no title. I know someone that sold vin plates to DMCH in the past. Not sure if they're still interested in them. If someone were interested, you may want to try selling them separately. You know... For novelties sake

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Truthfully, those vin plates are probably worth a lot to the right person. Especially someone with a salvage title or no title. I know someone that sold vin plates to DMCH in the past. Not sure if they're still interested in them. If someone were interested, you may want to try selling them separately. You know... For novelties sake
    Yea, I've gotten a few emails about just the vin plates. Mostly from people in Europe. I guess there a lot of vin plate collectors there as almost all the emails sounded like a Nigerian scam. I would like to sell them with the tub unless I got a crazy offer for them

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Weird, not what I had in mind. I meant for someone with a restoration where the car had a tarnished history, or for someone with the resources to build a car but no plates to start with.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

I'm just going to point this out in case some owners/potential buyers are not aware of this. Obviously there are ways this can happen such as selling a body tub to a friend etc. But for all normal transactions where the buyer and seller do not know each other here are a few facts.

-You can't sell a vin tag set and title. This is illegal as it defeats the purpose of the identification number.
    -you can sell a stripped GRP body IF the fiberglass inlays where the plates attached are not present/dash board is removed. The GRP body is a consumable/serviceable component for crash/damage purposes. IE you can rebuild a vin with damaged fiberglass sections with a replacement tub since the plates are attached to items that are riveted to the GRP. If the plates were attached to the actual GRP body and not on a serviceable component it would be illegal to sell a body tub without the vin plate attached. For example. Selling a Chevelle rolling shell without vin plate.
    -you can't buy a dash board or drivers side inlay panel with vin plates attached.
    -you can sell a frame as the numbers do not mean anything in relation to the vin.
    -you can sell a prv engine as the numbers do not mean anything in relation to the vin.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

DeLorean Driver

My VIN:    2638

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    I'm just going to point this out in case some owners/potential buyers are not aware of this. Obviously there are ways this can happen such as selling a body tub to a friend etc. But for all normal transactions where the buyer and seller do not know each other here are a few facts.

-You can't sell a vin tag set and title. This is illegal as it defeats the purpose of the identification number.
    -you can sell a stripped GRP body IF the fiberglass inlays where the plates attached are not present/dash board is removed. The GRP body is a consumable/serviceable component for crash/damage purposes. IE you can rebuild a vin with damaged fiberglass sections with a replacement tub since the plates are attached to items that are riveted to the GRP. If the plates were attached to the actual GRP body and not on a serviceable component it would be illegal to sell a body tub without the vin plate attached. For example. Selling a Chevelle rolling shell without vin plate.
    -you can't buy a dash board or drivers side inlay panel with vin plates attached.
    -you can sell a frame as the numbers do not mean anything in relation to the vin.
    -you can sell a prv engine as the numbers do not mean anything in relation to the vin.

The VIN related stuff are federal laws. You CAN do what ever you want, so long as you don't get caught
    Still rocking the Ducellier

I have the rest of the car up in one lot right now on ebay. Rolling frame with body.
    Starting bid is 3k

My VIN:    #1283

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

I assume everything on my "list" has been put aside?

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
    I assume everything on my "list" has been put aside?
    Yes