Thread: Proto 1 for sale - Discussion Thread

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    Did it have fully functional HVAC?
    No it did not.

The car was meant to be photographed, not driven

Quote Originally Posted by DMCFL Tony View Post
    I still have first right on the car, I made my fair offer to buy it back, they are looking for more.

My deal with Cliff was solely to protect the car, any real offer they get, I have to match or pass on.

I only want to protect the car and keep it accessible for the DeLorean community.

Tony
    I hope you get it Tony. It belongs in the hands of someone like you that will care for and show the car so that we can all enjoy it.

My VIN:    5436

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    No it did not.

The car was meant to be photographed, not driven
    So you just stick your head out the window on hot days.
    - Martin - VIN 5436 -

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Yes, though keep in mind, it's a small Citroen 4cyl so you're not moving very fast though you do have the benefit of full sliding windows!

My VIN:    5102, 11289

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Proto-1 has been sold, 2JZ and parts still available!

Thank you to everyone who responded with an interest in purchasing Proto-1 from the Schmucker family. It, along with Pilot-21 have been sold to a buyer who wishes to remain anonymous.

The Schmuckers still have the Nissan powered DeLorean for sale, as well as a veritable mountain of parts. If you need anything, let me know. I can share a list of the parts available to anyone interested.

Best,
    Josh

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

Quote Originally Posted by delorun45230 View Post
    Thank you to everyone who responded with an interest in purchasing Proto-1 from the Schmucker family. It, along with Pilot-21 have been sold to a buyer who wishes to remain anonymous.

Best,
    Josh
    Josh, Tony Ierardi from DMCFlorida has admited to purchasing Proto-1 in this thread.
    Does your post mean that Tony also bought Pilot-21?
    I'd Love to see both of these cars at DMCFlorida at the open house.

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

George,

We did buy both cars, and I had asked Josh to keep it private until I was ready to announce.

Both cars will be on display at the DMC Florida 10th Anniversary Open House, our plan is to keep Prototype #1 at DMC-FL long term.

It will be on display in the showroom for the foreseeable future, the car is clearly labeled " For Display Only - Not For Sale"

Look forward to seeing you at the event.

Best

Tony

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by DMCFL Tony View Post
    George,

We did buy both cars, and I had asked Josh to keep it private until I was ready to announce.

Both cars will be on display at the DMC Florida 10th Anniversary Open House, our plan is to keep Prototype #1 at DMC-FL long term.

It will be on display in the showroom for the foreseeable future, the car is clearly labeled " For Display Only - Not For Sale"

Look forward to seeing you at the event.

Best

Tony
    Awesome news Tony. Glad it will be preserved, enjoyed, and displayed long term at your facility. Next time I'm in Florida, I'll try and swing by to check it out.
    Jeff

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

I was really hoping Tony would be able to get it back. I'm so glad this car won't disappear never to be seen again like 502 in New Zealand. I almost feel like Proto 1 belongs in the Smithsonian considering what represents. You could probably say that about a lot of historically significant vehicles though.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    06369

I saw it last weekend...I guess I got a sneak preview . Glad I didn't take pics and post them and ruin the surprise!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast